Snowy egrets of Florida

Discussion in 'Birds' started by daodang, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Some snowy egret pictures taken on last trip to Florida.

Training for martial art kick on a pole (Deleon spring near Deland)
    original.

Breakfast at New Smyrna Beach
    original.

Don't bother me, will you. I'm busy drinking (Merritt Islands NWR)
    original.

Hope you enjoy them.

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Snowys make great subjects and these are no exception :)

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Dao. Looks like you really got around on your visit (I should talk - I drove almost 1,000 miles during the week Janie and I were down there in June :roll:).

4. Hi Frank, I drove a lot too : twice to DeLeon Spring, Viera and Merritt Islands and once to St-Augustine rookery.
    August doesn't seem to be a good time for bird shooting at Merritt. There was only a handful of birds. Most of them are youngsters and they stayed far from the water edge. Wish I had a 500mm with a TC. 8)

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I hear you on the Merritt situation. When we were there in early June it was quite bare of birds. In February, they were all over the place. Guess I'll have to go back in Feb. 8)

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful Dao :>))

August is HOT as you know :>))

Guess what right now it is even hotter. You can't even breath outside.

We did hold up fairly well though...

Beach side is a tad cooler with a breeze and lunch at Grills was teriffic :>))

7. Great shots, Dao! My favorite is the last one. Great reflection shot and interesting pose!

8. Excellent series Dang. You have some exquisite moments in there. Technically super too.
    I might have another invitation for a Montreal get-together this fall along the Doncaster River, near Sainte-Adèle. I was there last weekend and I think we could have a lot to shoot with the colours reflecting on the moving, or calm, waters. Hope you will be able to join.

9. Dao, that last images is a real beauty. Love the reflection. The other two images are very well done also.

10. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Great shots, Dao! Snowies are a lot of fun to shoot and can give you some interesting poses. Nice captures!

11. DON, GORDON, CHRISTIAN and BEN, glad you guys like them. These white birds are SOOO hard to get the exposure right.

GALE, heat!!! what a contrast when I got back home. In Montreal, it's quite cool with a max of 74 and the temperature drops down to almost 62 at night. BRRR..... One of these days, I must return to the Grill. It was so nice to sit there enjoying the blue sky, the sea breeze and the lunch with friends (... without those accidentally «drop down» from the sky :D ).