Snowy egrets of Florida

Some snowy egret pictures taken on last trip to Florida.

Training for martial art kick on a pole (Deleon spring near Deland)
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Breakfast at New Smyrna Beach
original.jpg

Don't bother me, will you. I'm busy drinking (Merritt Islands NWR)
original.jpg

Hope you enjoy them.

Great shots Dao. Looks like you really got around on your visit (I should talk - I drove almost 1,000 miles during the week Janie and I were down there in June :roll:).

Flew said:
Great shots Dao. Looks like you really got around on your visit (I should talk - I drove almost 1,000 miles during the week Janie and I were down there in June :roll:).

Hi Frank, I drove a lot too : twice to DeLeon Spring, Viera and Merritt Islands and once to St-Augustine rookery.
August doesn't seem to be a good time for bird shooting at Merritt. There was only a handful of birds. Most of them are youngsters and they stayed far from the water edge. Wish I had a 500mm with a TC. 8)

I hear you on the Merritt situation. When we were there in early June it was quite bare of birds. In February, they were all over the place. Guess I'll have to go back in Feb. 8)

Beautiful Dao :>))

August is HOT as you know :>))

Guess what right now it is even hotter. You can't even breath outside.

We did hold up fairly well though...

Beach side is a tad cooler with a breeze and lunch at Grills was teriffic :>))

Excellent series Dang. You have some exquisite moments in there. Technically super too.
I might have another invitation for a Montreal get-together this fall along the Doncaster River, near Sainte-Adèle. I was there last weekend and I think we could have a lot to shoot with the colours reflecting on the moving, or calm, waters. Hope you will be able to join.

DON, GORDON, CHRISTIAN and BEN, glad you guys like them. These white birds are SOOO hard to get the exposure right.

GALE, heat!!! what a contrast when I got back home. In Montreal, it's quite cool with a max of 74 and the temperature drops down to almost 62 at night. BRRR..... One of these days, I must return to the Grill. It was so nice to sit there enjoying the blue sky, the sea breeze and the lunch with friends (... without those accidentally «drop down» from the sky :D ).

Latest threads

Top Bottom