Snowy Owl from Cedar Run Wildlife Refuge

This guy was in the pen next to the Red tails he was so cool to watch up close, sure wish they would have taken these birds out for display. Taken with the 300 f4 at f5.6 at 1/30s
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

this one was taken with the 70-200 f3.5 1/90s
View attachment 10831

I like the feet too Mike, but those eyes are incredible.

Any idea why this guy was in the refuge? Seems like a crime to pen up such a beautiful wild animal.

I agree, love the eyes of the Snowy Owl. I really would like to get a shot of one. I am going to try a place here in the Pacific NW called NW Trek. Thanks for sharing these.

The are beautiful, man they must find it hot in this heat. Luv their eyes and feet like someone else mentioned. Nicely done Mike

Flew said:
I like the feet too Mike, but those eyes are incredible.

Any idea why this guy was in the refuge? Seems like a crime to pen up such a beautiful wild animal.
Thanks frank, the eyes are mesmerizing
the bird had a collision with a plane and lost its wing

james thiel said:
I agree, love the eyes of the Snowy Owl. I really would like to get a shot of one. I am going to try a place here in the Pacific NW called NW Trek. Thanks for sharing these.
I would do anything to come up north and shoot these guys in the wild, look forward to your posts from your trip to the Trek

Keith said:
The are beautiful, man they must find it hot in this heat. Luv their eyes and feet like someone else mentioned. Nicely done Mike
Keith thanks for lookign they have big fans psostioned to keep the pen cool in warm weather

They are so beautiful Mike.... Good work.

Eyes, soft and Feet here to :>))

Looks just like ya wanna hug one.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom