Snowy Plovers in Flight

Real Name
Luis Casals
Well not the best. I would have wished they came out sharper, but a decent first try on these with the D800 300F4 +1.4TC handheld.

1-
Snowy%20PloverD800_JLC9563-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2-
Snowy%20PloverD800_JLC9562-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Not bad at all for a start, Luis...! :smile:

I tried to track a Killdeer once (which is a variety of plover) and I couldn't even
keep it in my V-Finder...! :tongue:

To get small bird like that in flight is not an easy task. :) You got them in flight.

Real Name
Luis Casals
Very nice work...'love the first one, it must have been a challenge 'cause it looks like they're not slow flyers.

Thanks Bobby. It sure was a challenge specially how small and fast these birds are. Not to mention it took me a while to get close to them. Every time I tried to get close they would lift up and go farther away. Can't wait to go at it again.

I imagine those little buggers are hard to track. Not a bad first try at all. Nice job.

Yes, very hard. At least for someone like me that does not have the experience that most of you have.

Not bad at all for a start, Luis...! :smile:

I tried to track a Killdeer once (which is a variety of plover) and I couldn't even
keep it in my V-Finder...! :tongue:

LOL... I know what you mean. I encountered the same issue, but was determined to get a couple so it took me a while.

Nice job.

Thanks Louis.

To get small bird like that in flight is not an easy task. :) You got them in flight.

Thanks Troy, it means a lot coming from you. I am getting better as I go with the D800.

Don't be afraid to push this camera to ISO800-1600.
with D3s, I always start with ISO800. It is there for you to take advantage of it.

Real Name
Luis Casals
Don't be afraid to push this camera to ISO800-1600.
with D3s, I always start with ISO800. It is there for you to take advantage of it.

Thanks Troy. I will do.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom