Snowy Stone Arch Bridge

A large snow storm dumped a foot of snow on Minneapolis this week so I decided to head to my favorite photo spot to capture it in winter as the snow was still falling. The Stone Arch Bridge is an old railroad bridge crossing the Mississippi River that has been converted to a pedestrian bridge. The arches are all lit at night and the reflection of the light on the falling snow caused the eery orange glow to the entire picture.

409483278_fc1ff3209a_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Paul,

Where do you shop for gear in the Twin Cities? National Camera or West Photo are the two I usually frequent while there.

Regards...Jim

I like this shot, Paul. I don't know if the buildings in the background have prominance, but the composition is real nice. What WB setting did you use and have you tried others to see if you liked the results from the variety. When I shot the Chicago skyline, I found that "incondescent" offered the nicest results for the type of lighting there. Whatever the case, I enjoyed this shot and hope that you will post more of your shots. Welcome to the Cafe.

This looks like a wonderful place to photograph. I would also be tempted to see what it looks like in BW (something about stone structures and BW does it for me :smile: )

Paul,

Where do you shop for gear in the Twin Cities? National Camera or West Photo are the two I usually frequent while there.

Regards...Jim

I bought some of my equipment at National Camera such as my camera bag and some accessories but I bought the camera itself at Best Buy. I haven't made it to West Photo yet but will have to check it out sometime.

I like this shot, Paul. I don't know if the buildings in the background have prominance, but the composition is real nice. What WB setting did you use and have you tried others to see if you liked the results from the variety. When I shot the Chicago skyline, I found that "incondescent" offered the nicest results for the type of lighting there. Whatever the case, I enjoyed this shot and hope that you will post more of your shots. Welcome to the Cafe.

Thank you for your feedback! I had the camera set to auto for WB and didn't mess around with that. I've been slowly learning by playing with the settings and WB has not been one I have really tried but definitely something I will have to try in the future.

B

BigPixel

Yea, man. That's good. I'd just crop the left heavily and call it good to go!

V

Veritas&Equitas

Lol, how many Minnesotans are there on here? I obviously recognize it too...I went in to National Camera in Golden Valley, but ended up buying my D50 off a guy on Craigslist...

Latest threads

Top Bottom