1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

So cute!

Discussion in 'People' started by Seneca, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I had these posted in a collage...but thought they would be better viewed individually. My grandbaby...isn't she a cutie? Thought I'd share my candids from this weekend. Before you pick up your camera...check your settings. All images were shot at F16...what was I thinking?

I see you Papaw!!

PEEK_BOOcopy.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I don't want to take a bath!

POUTcopy.jpg

Did you say candy?
    SMILEcopy.jpg

I'm tired of these pictures...I want to get off
    get_offcopy.jpg

One more picture and I'll paint your toesies!
    1_MY_FEET.jpg

2. You really captured some great expressions. Beautiful grandchild and great pictures.

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thank you Alan. She truly is a blessing.

4. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    These are some beautiful moments Seneca, way to go!! If you wish you can add a gaussian blur layer mask for the background if it bothers you.

5. Nice photos, she is very cute and expressive

6. Seneca great job, I think they are perfect the way they are!! Sometimes I find it's the content and/or memories of the photo, not the technical aspects (details) that are important. What grandparent or parent wouldn't adore these regardless if they were shot at f/16 or f/2.8.

7. As stated some great expressions and even better job capturing the moment :) . I wish my nephew would stay put.

8. Lovely images Seneca, to me they look a bit off colour wise as the skin tones don't work and perhaps they could use a little more contrast or as I say OOMPH!.

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thanks yes...they are. As stated my f-stop was at F16...my wall is semi-grayish. My WB was set to Flash. Everything was wrong in these images (techo-speaking).

No punch to these images. I thought of just posting in B&W...but her eyes are just so beautiful.

Live and learn as I stated...watch your settings.

10. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thank you all who commenting on the images. :Love:

11. great photos...she is really adorable! #2 is the absolute best! great attitude haha

12. ABrownPhoto

ABrownPhoto

May 3, 2009
    Los Angeles
    A D O R A B L E!!!

Ok seriously, she is not even my daughter but I wouldn't be able to say no to ANYTHING if she gave me that face from #2!

I like this series, thanks for sharing!

13. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    She really didn't want to take a bath. The look she gave me was one of "I think not". For being 22 months this is the smartest child I have ever been around. Her vocabulary is extraordinary. I know I'm her Nana...but truly...the things that come out of her mouth are just amazing. I think she is a gifted child. She comprehended everything and even had a conversation with me.

I will say I have never seen her give me that look. The bath comment was like "I don't think so". I remember what she said when I asked her to smile for me...then I said..."we're almost finished and then you can take a bubble bath". She then said "Nana...I don't want to take a bath". Then I started singing to her and was singing..."A..B..C...D.." and she was singing with me. Until we got to L..M N O P...then it went some what downhill. :biggrin: It was more like L mmmm p, then u v wubble zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :biggrin:

14. nice series!
    what kind of lighting did you use?

15. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Hi Angel...my Texas Bud! I'll be in Sugar land this coming week to see my little princess.

I had one umbrella with a SoCal SC110 light. Thank you so much for the nice comment!

16. Hello there.....

Where did you buy your SoCal SC110 light @ in town or mail order?
    If your going to be in Sugar Land from 12-5pm, the 2nd-Annual David Taylor Classic Car Show is this Saturday @ the Plaza..... I don't think I will be able to make it! :eek: |'
    just saying if you would like to go....

17. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    What!? F16? :wink: It happens to all of us. Anyway it doesn't really matter, Seneca. You have captured the expressions well which, to me, is what makes this collection.

18. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Backdrop Outlet (mail order) http://www.backdropoutlet.com/
    I know you're not going to believe me...but I bought it for $49.00. Check it out. It also has a remote thingy for the slave control.

Thank you so much...such nice comments.

19. I love her expression in #2. And to me, #5 is just screaming to be b/w.

20. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Hummm never thought of that...I'll probably try it. Thanks so much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.