So! How much has your family changed.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarrell, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Here's a photo shot about 6 years ago, with a Coolpix 990 (not that it matters).. of my daughter Tracy and her 3 children.. Jamie, Whitney (the older girl) and little Olyvia.
    [​IMG]
    and one taken last week after Jamie's graduation from high school..
    Jamies now 18, Whitney 15 and Olyvia 11.
    Now, let's see the changes in your family.
    Jarrell

2. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Great looking family. I must say that, in my opinion, your daughter Tracy looks younger in the second shot than in the first, thus proving the passage of time is not always a bad thing. :smile:

3. Such a handsome family, Jarrell!!! My, how they've grown!!!!! Guess that's what happens when you keep feeding the critters....
    It's been so enjoyable to watch your grandchildren growing up. Tracy has done a great job - she should be proud.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful image
    Congradulations to the graduate:>)))

5. About my "family"..

Well, guys,

I haven't that much shots of it, I can just show you how I was in 1999 with the girl becoming my wife and how we are today... Since she's a great cook and me a nice eater it's easy to imagine...

Me, 1975, with all my grandparents (now all died, unfortunately) into the home olive grove
    53995631-L.

Me, 1999, with Angela, the day of our "promise" (when you declares publically by signing a public act at your local town all that you will get married soon, in a certain date). Note she's been my unique girlfriend, we remained engaged for 8 years at 800/1000 km far one another. Then we decided it was "cheaper" getting married :)
    53995637-L.

With my wife, parents and brother, Christmas 2002, one of my first shots with my first film reflex the Pentax MZ-60 plus kit lens.
    53995628-L.

My wife and me, recently (2007)
    167288799-L.

6. This one was taken about 8 to 9 years ago. Julian in yellow, and Natalie in red. The other girl's our goddaughter.
    [​IMG]

And this one in Nov, 2006.
    original.

And then last week.
    original.

The three kids together again last summer.
    original.

7. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Dino, thanks for posting these... you have a lovely family indeed!. I particularly like the first one, with your grandparents. You may have hit on the problem as to why there hasn't been that much participation in the thread when you said you didn't have many photos of the family. Perhaps a lot of people don't have them! :biggrin:
    Jarrell

8. Hi Jarrell,

I think the reason is another. I grew up in film days and my family has A LOT of pictures about me, my brother, my parents etc. but those shots are well kept in my parents' albums, 150 km from where I live now. It's ME that I have taken and digitalized/scannered only few of them (of older days) while in my "core pictures" album I uploaded quite a lot of more recent film shots, especially about my wife and me and our friends. It's just a matter of photo availability and what was already on the internet.
    I had the luck to grow into a little farm on the eastern ligurian riviera (around Portofino or Cinque Terre, if you know those places) and despite we hadn't almost any pet or animals (the word farm here was maybe a bit abused) we still have some land and olive groves around home. Not that much, nay just 10000 sq.meters spread on the hill, very difficult to maintain due to the terraced ground. Our seasonal works were cutting and burning the hay and collecting olives in winter. As you see, I'm very close to the sea (in straight line, it is more or less 4 - 5 km) this is the view from our olive grove there: 53995610-L. and my youth passed very "relaxed" with no lustful desires at all. Cities were far and we became used to country rhythms where people still have a good and true relationship. We haven't any mobile phone nor playstation or pc (one of our latest purchases, in 1992, due to school needings, when I was already 18) but we survived the same by playing hide and seek, biking, soccer, a game that we called "rumble rumble" by looking at the sounds in the comics (some kind of fighting simulation, but absolutely not as violent as often are those proposed by recent wrestling people), sometimes at the bar with the flipper or the earlier videogames (who remembers "Space Invaders"? After so many years I even found the bar where I played it for my first time in the early 80's ) Our telefilms were mostly made in USA: "Bo and Luke in the country of Hazzard", "Supercar" with a young David Hasselhoff, "A-Team" with George Peppard and Mr.T, "The six million dollars man" with Lee Majors and "The bionic woman" with Lindsay Wagner; then the endless Batman series, the funny "Bewitched" with Elizabeth Montgomery; more recently came "Mc Gyver" which had a great success too. We had (still have) a bus every two or three hours to go to the city and that was enough. A great way of life.
    I still remember our first Commodore Vic20 when my parents decided to avoid going to the city only to play videogames.
    We lived with our grandparents and this was really a blessing, I always missed them later. They had the luck to live longly and well, dying both almost at 100 years old.
    Well, I think I went "just a bit" off topic but I hope to have given something really interesting to this topic though.

9. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    My family have changed significantly. Back in 1997 I was 35, my wife was 33 and my kids were 10 and 7. Now we're almost 10 years older! 10 years! How scary is that?

:grin: