So much for a no "fly" zone...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Leigh, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I was trying to get close up on these flowers from a bush at the edge of our property when this little guy decided he wanted his picture taken. I didn't notice the other little fellows until I came in to process.

20515370-L.

20515369-L.

Attached Files:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OHHHHH Leigh,

Perfect and beautiful.

Congtats on those for sure.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wickedly good Leigh. You are really showing what that CP is capable of. Sharp, saturated, well exposed. The fly is just icing on the cake (so to speak....;-)).

Frank

4. Oh Leigh, these are some of your best and I like them a lot. Well done.

5. WOW, Leigh!!! These are your best shots so far in my opinion. Nice detail, color, and beauty!! Everthing in your shots are just wonderful!! Thank you for sharing these!! :D :D :D :D

6. Leigh,

Nice pictures indeed. In #1, if I may have a suggestion, with PS, replace all those white flowers and leaves protruding from the edges and the red stem with a black background, make the crop a bit wider to the left and you get a beautiful S-shaped flower picture enlighted by a touch of life (the insects).

#2 is well composed with the 2 diagonal lines of flowers framing the insect. I think if the insect is lighter on a darker background and if its eyes color is more vivid, it will pop out.

Congratulations :!: :!:

7. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    best so far. are you using a tripod? You were busy this weekend. did patrick take any or did he just stand aside and if so was he able to keep quiet?

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    No tripod...Just me wobbly arms! lol :lol: I'm hopefully getting a tripod soon. Patrick was telling me about one that is supposed to be lightweight that he's going to order for me. I'm looking forward to it since I know it will help.
    Patrick actually took some shots, although I'm not sure what he got. He's just been so busy that I doubt he's had time to process anything. Hopefully he'll get some stuff up this week...I'll see if I can give him some time tonight or tomorrow night to work on it.

Cheers!

9. Leigh, the exposure and focus on these are just grand. A great finds "on screen" is one of the wonderful advantages of digital photography!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed my pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them! Cheers to you all!

11. Heffalump

Heffalump Guest

Hi Leigh
    Actually white flowers are not pleasing all the time but the flowers which u shot is really a coool stuff.I liked both the shots.

heffalump

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Glad you liked them!

13. Kat

Kat

Mar 27, 2005
    Kentucky
    Simply beautiful Leigh!!

Kat

14. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks so much!

15. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    Wonderful shots, Leigh. It's great to see a CP produce such vivid shots :D...too bad I didn't spring for the 8800.

16. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Isn't it nice we can get shots that are great w/something as simple as a CP?!!! I was fortunate in that Patrick suprised me w/the 8800! He hadn't even told me he had ordered it. It just showed up on our doorstep 2 days before we left for our vacation back in March. I have thouroughly enjoyed it....In fact, my avatar is a shot I took w/it at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm and Rookery on our vacation. Not too shabby if I do say so myself! :lol:

Thanks for looking!

17. Bubba

Bubba

Apr 12, 2005
    Alabama
    COOL! You're a fortunate lady, Leigh!

I like your avatar shot. :D