So NYC

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by 4labs, May 31, 2005.

1. Was walking towards Times Square and passed this window that I thought was neat. It's not my normal thing to shoot(it's not a dog) lol.

I would love opinions/critique..thnxs

[​IMG]

2. One more from my stroll, as always comments critque apreciated.
    [​IMG]

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Ah, it is so very New York, the first one! The baseball stuff in the store window and the man sprinting by in the foreground. It's as though he didn't notice you or the window. I love it. The second pic is great too...I love how the reflection in the building is really the primary focus of the shot, even though it took my eyes a second to find it! Great!

4. Thnxs for taking the time to comment Leigh I apreciate it.

5. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    error

6. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    4 labs, I like both of them. the blackand white works well here. not sure of what the subject is on the second but the photo is some how apealling to me. Just a simple moment in time in NYC.

7. Thnxs Craig I apreciate you taking a look. I often see this reflection and this was the first time I had my camera with me to capture it. I thought it would add interest to include some people in the shot.

8. Nice shots, 4labs. I would like to see the second one without all the people, though. But, it is still a great shot.

Gil

9. gilbert

gilbert

May 6, 2005
    So. CA
    I wish you would have taken the first one a fraction of a second earlier so that he is walking into the picture and not so in the middle. To me, it would make it a great photo instead of just a really good one.

I really like the composition of the second one. I think the people and the taxicab in the photo add to the 'slice of NYC' feeling. Great job!

You did a nice job in the conversion to B&W, especially in the second one.

10. gmaker and gilbert, thnxs so much for taking the time to comment .

11. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I like the first one best . Good blurr on the pedestrian.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Eric, great captures. I especially like the first one. Each would look great printed to 11x14, matted with a white matte and framed in a black frame. Put those babies on your wall and just smile! :D

13. owen-b

owen-b Guest

I definitely prefer the second over the first, as there is more going on, it's a bit wider, gives more to look at. I also like the B&W toning more in the second. The shop window doesn't really do much for me in the first, but the man passing through it definitely makes it a lot more interesting. Just personal preference. Perhaps if there was a greater sense of dramatic lighting in it, or a touch wider, or someone else just entering frame in the other direction as well?

I like random 'moments in time' photos. They clearly work better in B&W!

Thanks for sharing!
    O.

14. Thnxs again guys!
    Owen I must have taken 50 shots of that window waiting for someone to walk by and that was the only one I liked..