So what binocular does the discerning Nikoncafe member own?

SRA

I have been in the market recently and finally made a choice based on nothing more significant than its' cool logo.

standard.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Definitely looks cool! Apart from that, Swarovski produces some of the world's best binoculars - and I don't say this only because it is an Austrian brand.
Cheers

Small Bushnells and a large 10x50 Russian made pair that are incredibly sharp, clear and have had for years.... and of course, the Bushnell itty bitty ones that aren't much good for anything...

I have a Nikon 8x40 Action EX Extreme a replacement of my 7x35 Action EX Extreme that had a glorius fall from 1600m/5000ft into the sea while ballooning over the island of Malta... These are Waterproof & Fogproof with a wide angle porro prism and a 8.2 aegree AoV (angle of view). Although a bit heavy they fit perfectly in my -big, strong, Greek- hands... he he ;-)

I also have a smaller, more of an all-round-travel set, Nikon ProStaff ATB 9x25 again waterproof & fogproof again porro prism (I think porro makes the difference)

But the best binos I have used by far -still belong to my father- are from the German Army WWII 20x50 VERY heavy with Zeiss Ikon glass!!!

Of course you should know that Nikon has worlds first VR binos on the market which are brilliant in every meaning of the word.

PGB

I have the Pentax 10x42 DCF. After looking for a semi rugged pair of binocs for a while these by far had the best optics at the time in my opinion. That was 4 years ago but they still ride in my front seat with me next to the d2x with 300mm F4.

I always wanted some Zeiss or Swarovski's but those are a little out of my price range. :)

Here is a link to the current model pentax closest to mine.

http://www.pentaximaging.com/produc...0x42/reqID--2040/subsection--Full_Size_dcf_hr

Nikon Action 10-22X50 which my wife uses mostly -- to spot birds for me to shoot!! She's got a much better spotting eye than I do so she gets the good binocs when we're after birds! Which, of course, means that I get the good camera/lens!!

The C Word Binocs

I have the CAnon 18-50mm with stabilization. Were great for wild animals in the wide open spaces in Africa.

SRA

Re: The C Word Binocs

general said:
I have the CAnon 18-50mm with stabilization. Were great for wild animals in the wide open spaces in Africa.

I've tried this lens and was very impressed. Good choice.

Real Name
Chris
Those Swarovski's look very cool - compact and sleek! I own a Celestron Ultima 10 X 50. I got 'em for astronomical observation, but for the past few years I've left them at my friend's beach house for looking out to sea. I 'ran' the Messier marathon with them, but now the light polution at my back yard observatory doesn't let everything get through.

I have an odd problem with binoculars in that my eyes are wider apart than most people. So the vast majority of them do not work for me.

Anyone know of a brand that is particularly wide?

Beezle said:
I have an odd problem with binoculars in that my eyes are wider apart than most people. So the vast majority of them do not work for me.

You should look for retractable binos...

Rob

I admitted in my intro that I have a problem with my sense of humour.......I can't be the only person on here who wants to suggest that Beezle tries two telescopes on a bungee cord.

Or am I? :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

R

Robin Horlock

Rob,

For what it is worth I like the idea of the two telescopes and the
bungee cord. But I think Duct tape would do better and I really like
the grey finish.

Back on topic. My favorites are my Browning 10x42's I own other
binoculars and these are incredibly sharp.
Cheers
Robin

Latest threads

Top Bottom