So what do you want from Nikon ?

24-105 f/4 VR AF-S
70-200 f/4 AF-S
fast focusing 85 & 135mm primes, f/2 or faster, with nice bokeh.

D90 class body with CAM3500 AF system
D40 class body with the 12MP CMOS DX sensor

FX sensor in tiny D40 body. :tongue:

Faster primes
Cheaper FX/ high ISO
Better P&S
Perhaps a new version of the E series (Cheaper manual focus versions of modern lenses with same IQ as the top end.)
A digital version of the Nikonos system. Either SLR like the Nikonos RS or with a simple lcd screen viewfinder like on most P&S cameras. But with interchangeable lenses, and good high ISO performance.

A quieter shutter on my D80...

FREE STUFF!!!

1. Lower prices
2. Not to be dissapointed at all
3. Some new body that will bring down the price of the D300
4. An SB700 maybe. . .
5. Lower prices if not mentioned already :biggrin:

My $0.02

Nikon rangefinder. Smaller than the Leica M rangefinders. Something like the Olympus Pen but with an optical viewfinder. Dx sensor (like D300). Small and fast prime lenses to go w/ it. I'd be happy w/ that body + a 20/2.0 and 60/2.0.
Somebody else mentioned a Lumix clone. I think there is a real untapped market for a great small camera as a companion to the DSLR range. Especially for those like me who really like Nikon gear.

Apart from that, they need a new wide fast prime 24 or 28 1.4 - this is likely very doable now with the new aspheric production techniques.

I'd also like to see upgrades to the 180 f2.8 (AFS, VR and Nano for sure, perhaps a design freshen and macro would be nice) and a freshening of the 85 f1.4 (AFS, VR and Nano).

This would satisfy me. <g>

Dave

I'll like to see a pro dx body along with the return of the 400f3.5, 600f5.6 and a new design like 100-300f2.8 zoom. This would definitely make me spend $$$!

Scotty_A

A digital rangefinder that can use F-mount lenses even if an adapter is necessary.
Have you seen this?
http://nikonrumors.com/2009/08/05/more-nikon-patents-hint-for-a-mirrorless-nikon-camera.aspx

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some numbers:
11 = shutter release
20 = LCD
40,41,43 are lens contact parts
50 = sensor unit, with sensor as 51 and 52 is AA filter
61 = vibrating screen for sensor cleaning.
71 = closing screen to cover innards when lens is removed (Purpose of patent)

Combine it with another patent that includes lines of pixels within the sensor for purposes of phase-detect AF....

Have you seen this?
http://nikonrumors.com/2009/08/05/more-nikon-patents-hint-for-a-mirrorless-nikon-camera.aspx

Some numbers:
11 = shutter release
20 = LCD

Combine it with another patent that includes lines of pixels within the sensor for purposes of phase-detect AF....
That looks interesting - a bit like the EP1 .

Yup.
And Nikon have good experience with adapting F mount to a smaller mount body (a' la Nikon rangefinder mounts) from the QV-1000c

That camera looks very interesting. One thing that I see coming is the ability to mix and match between systems. In fact, Im already doing just that with my 5D and Nikkor AIS glass. Nikon better get on the ball and realize we paying public (consumers) have options. If they don't want to make a full frame camera that shots video, fine I'll go else where. After all it's just a box:tongue:.
If Nikon is smart they will realize that if they dont give us want we want we may/will get it from somewhere else. Ding ding ding.
The lack of "new" fast primes 24 1.4, 35 1.4 50 1.2, 58 1.2 Noct would be a good start in getting me to buy in to AF. If not ill guess I just buy a 24 1.4 from Canon.:mad:

And like I said before releasing some of the classic lens from the past would
make me drools and spend, spend, spend. $$$.

IsamuM

Not-quite-
Have you seen this?

Some numbers:
11 = shutter release
20 = LCD

Very interesting, but since it's from Nikon Rumors I'll believe it when I see the actual product. Still, it would be great if Nikon came out with such a camera.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom