So what do you want from Nikon ?

Modular body so that you could change sensors, etc., as needed. One optimised for B&W, a DX size, an FX size. Anybody remember Silicon Film?

Or at the very least, given the relatively fast model turnover these days, give us some sort of upgrade path, especially when it comes to things such as the "s" variants.

I want many lenses that Nikon made way back in the 70' and 80s to be re-released.
Im happy with them making them just way the way they did back than, No auto focus or VR or nano coating required for this cowboy. Go back to metal barrels and aperture rings. All this plastic and dials to switch f-stop and shutter speeds for that matter leave me uninspired.

Here's what I wish based on what I could truly use now:

1) A 16-85mm 2.8 or constant f/4, good quality without it being more than $600 (This is a walkaround everyday focal range for me, and would be quite helpful for my PJ work. I broke my 18-70mm, and the 17-55mm 2.8 is both a monster and way too expensive.

2) A good Coolpix to rival Panasonic's Lumix DMC-LX3 (F2.0 24mm Ultra Wide Angle LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMICRON Lens). Make that lens go 24-105mm, or 120mm, and that would be fine for most of my everyday use. Features: RAW, a good histogram, etc. APS-sized sensor. 10-12MP, with great high ISO capabilities... Not strictly necessary, but could be fun: HD video recording (720p) at 24fps, with great audio recording capabilities. Oh, one can dream... but I can just see some nice street shooting with that little marvel.

3) Finally, a D700s, same specs really (with improved ISO, etc.), but dual card slots (as in the D300s now), and if not video (I don't really need it, but if it is there I'd use it) at least good audio recording capabilities. Sell me this D700s with the 16-85mm constant f/4...

Best,

N

I would like a 400 f4, or an update to the 80-400 VR with AFS.

Some wide angle f4 primes lower than 20mm that work on FX.

It looks like fast primes is near the top of the list along with a couple of mentions of high iso and affordability .
I like the idea of a modular body , something I thought of before . Slip in the 24 meg sensor for landscapes during the day and the 6 meg iso 25600 sensor for concerts .
When technology improves , slip out the old 'motherboard' and slip in the new one for improved speed and the latest processor .
I would like dual SD card slots as a standard .

Nikon rangefinder. Smaller than the Leica M rangefinders. Something like the Olympus Pen but with an optical viewfinder. Dx sensor (like D300). Small and fast prime lenses to go w/ it. I'd be happy w/ that body + a 20/2.0 and 60/2.0.

Latest threads

Top Bottom