So what do you want from Nikon ?

I'd like some fast, wide primes primes like a 24mm f/1.4. An update to the 80-400 and a 300mm f/4 with VR.

~Chad

I'm actually pretty happy given the newly announced 70-200 VR2. That would have been my request a couple weeks ago!

Nikon rangefinder. Smaller than the Leica M rangefinders. Something like the Olympus Pen but with an optical viewfinder. Dx sensor (like D300). Small and fast prime lenses to go w/ it. I'd be happy w/ that body + a 20/2.0 and 60/2.0.

GREAT idea!

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
I want quite a lot actually:
  • A service program for those of use who have spent as much as any pro on our pro level equipment, Not only NPS but NPLS (Nikon Pro Level Service)
  • A truly WW warranty, and harmonized WW prices. It is just an accounting issue from HQ in Japan nothing else, I know - I helped making it happen for Windows pricing at Microsoft.
  • Some real innovation, a truly silent shutter, I would love that for wildlife and weddings, why are we stuck with the same old P A S & M modes? I would like to see a non highlight clipping mode, so that the camera makes sure we dont overexpose (settable how many percent I would allow), 16 bit all the way!
  • It is taking way to long for a complete modernization of the lenses, where are a 24 or 28mm F1.4 & 85mm F1.4 AF-S VR, 200mm Micro AF-S, a 24-120mm F4 AF-S VR II that is sharp at F4 the super wedding walkaround lens?
  • The TC20EII stinks!!! The Canon one doesn't! Common Nikon!
  • A pro level DX body with integrated vertical shutter, 16 MP lower noise, good up to ISO 800 - large buffer - I would buy two!
  • A VR system in the body for shorter lenses and use the VR built in when available in the lens.

For Nikon to make:

#1 A D700x with the D3x sensor and dual CF card slots. Don't care about video, but if it has it, 1080p would be fine. :smile:

A D700s with upgrades like the D300s got (but dual CF cards, no SD).

Consumer version of both the D700s and D700x (Like the D90 is to the D300).

A D400 (to replace the D300s) with ISO performance to match or better the D700/D3 and get rid of the SD slot and have both with CF cards.

All screw focus lenses dumped for AF-S (more AF-S F/1.4 and F/1.8 prrimes in DX and FX).

Medium format cameras and lenses line so when I get rich and move to MF I can stick with Nikon products. :Love: :smile: :biggrin: :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
and dual CF card slots(but dual CF cards, no SD).and get rid of the SD slot and have both with CF cards.

Just a question ; Why do some people prefer CF cards ? is it mainly the size and handling or something else ? Those little pins in the camera always had me freaking out that I would bend them with my D70 .

What to people do with/to their photos that make them want more and more megapixels ????

i thought the same thing till i used a mkII for a wedding. the sheer resolving power of the mkII blew my d700 out of the water for fine detail on the wedding dress.

the other reason is that in crop mode it turns into a 12mp shot rather than a 6mp shot with a d700.

what do i want from nikon ?

24-120/4 IF AFS VR
35/1.4 IF AFS
85/1.4 IF AFS
200/4 IF AFS VR Micro
300/4 IF AFS VR

all are long overdue.

Very interesting, but since it's from Nikon Rumors I'll believe it when I see the actual product. Still, it would be great if Nikon came out with such a camera.

It might be discussed on their site, but the diagram is from the USPTO. Patent by Nikon.

It might be discussed on their site, but the diagram is from the USPTO. Patent by Nikon.

I understand that part, but there is a long way between filing for a patent and putting that patent into a product.

If Nikon does come out with something similar to what's in that diagram, I'll buy it the day it comes out. :smile:

Just a question ; Why do some people prefer CF cards ? is it mainly the size and handling or something else ? Those little pins in the camera always had me freaking out that I would bend them with my D70 .

Mainly it's that they're bigger, so easier to handle and harder to lose, but also you can stick a legible address label on to give a good samaritan a chance if you do drop it somewhere...

Do you mean like a follow on from the D2 series apart from full frame ?

Hi Desmond...

Before I share a thought on your comment, I'm wondering whether you still have a barrow in the market place, and whether Molly's still a singer in a band? :eek:

In any event, I'd like to think we already have a "pro" DX body with the D300. About the only thing it doesn't have that the D3/D700 does is one or two stops of high ISO performance. But, if one can "live" with ISO/1600, it'll do just about everything the D700 does.

And, on the other hand, IMHO, anyway, there's absolutely nothing "wrong" with the D2X(s) or especially, the D2Hs which still - to this day - is my favorite body. In terms of the D2Hs' overall IQ, color rendition and contrast, I kinda' feel that there's something very "special" and unique offered by Nikon's "own" JFET (Junction Field Effect Transistor) and LBCAST (Lateral Buried Charge Accumulator and Sensing Transistor array) sensor.

In fact, and as an side, if anyone might have one that looks as new as it did when it first left the factory and with very low actuations, I might be happy to give it a good home... :Love: Hmmmmm...I guess I'm thinking this might be a good opportunity for someone to finally (and at long last) get rid of an old and technically antiquated "junk" body. :biggrin: I suppose if nothing else, I'm just a great humanitarian... :rolleyes:

Have a GREAT weekend, everyone... :smile:

In fact, and as an side, if anyone might have one that looks as new as it did when it first left the factory and with very low actuations, I might be happy to give it a good home... :Love: Hmmmmm...I guess I'm thinking this might be a good opportunity for someone to finally (and at long last) get rid of an old and technically antiquated "junk" body. :biggrin: I suppose if nothing else, I'm just a great humanitarian... :rolleyes:

Have a GREAT weekend, everyone... :smile:

How low is low?
30k?

And by get rid of you mean sell or give? ;)

Latest threads

Top Bottom