So what's next from Nikon?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Pa, Dec 8, 2005.

1. I'm surprised no one else has started this thread. Guess someone has to so it may as well be me.

Now that the D200 is (almost) a reality, what will N introduce next, DSLR-wise?
    Upgraded D70 - say D80? High-end box situated between D200 and D2x?

My guess would be some upgrade to the D70 - say 8MP or so, with improved high-iso performance.

I look forward to your speculations.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    oh please

3. Who knows with Nikon but I know that I am happy with where I am for a long time to come.

4. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    I know a forum would love this thread :) Hopefully this is not the one however!

5. How about a camera body with 2 card slots and the camera software will write consecutive pictures to alternate cards.

If you had a card failure you would only loose only the alternate shots and not ALL the first half or ALL the second half.

Also there would be the storage"depth" when things get interesting.....

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Pa,

I like to dream. However I find that the things that I think would be helpful N does not and does not see the vision that I have.

Who knows, but in regards to the d70, perhaps you are correct. Only time will tell.

Regards,

7. Yes! I've been suggesting this for some time.

And with two complete imaging circuits, the D3H could be 12.4MP at 10.6 fps :)

Ming

8. how about a D3X with 17 MP full frame CMOS sensor with low speed crop of 12MP at 8.5 FPS and high speed crop of 6.8 MP and 5 FPS. Oh yea and built in wt-2a wireless.
    Dave

9. Idor

Idor Guest

hmmm.... how about D200s, D2Xs :biggrin:

a noiseless iso 3200 20mp sensor with HDR Raw is not a bad idea also... :biggrin:
    But make sure the cost is low I think I have been ripped off enough already...

Sorry.... just could not help listing my impossible wish.... :biggrin:

10. How about a 400-600/f4 lens with AF-S and VRII added in for kicks...

11. Do you think any of us could carry it?

12. well the 600 weight is about 13 pounds so it would be somewhere around that weight..

the 200-400VR weight 7.5 pounds... would be inbetween these two lenses...

13. Wouldn't the zoom capability and the VR make it heavier than a 600mm prime?

14. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    D80 with 8MP, same price as D70s today
    D2Xs 22MP 5FPS, 8FPS cropped
    SB400, smaller, lighter weight flash for closer work, takes Nikon Li-ion batteries instead of AA's

15. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I think they need a D3H, with at least 8mp to compete with the 1D MkIIn. After that they can come out with the full-frame D3x, which has an HSC mode that crops to DX. Oh and 14-bit RAW instead of 12-bit would be cool.

16. Bingo.................... I can't believe it took 2 pages to get to the obvious answer. The D2H/S must be replaced asap for Nikon to "compete" in the sports bus.

My preference would be a micro DSLR. Although I highly doubt Nikon will do that in 06, it will happen someday.

JohnG

17. Two things:

1. A dynamic histogram that changes as you adjust exposure.

2. A high capacity storage device that mounts to the bottom of the camera similar to the WT-2a.

Woody

18. Woody,
    Brilliant!! these are the best two ideas I have seen so far.
    dave

19. How about a camera that has no noise at higher iso's. I don't understand with all of the digital knowledge and tech knowledge that this cannot be done. Does anyone know?

20. It might be another 18 months to 2 years before Nikon brings out another camera...They are not like Canon, bring out there cameras every 6-8 months...We know that when Nikon brings out a new camera it will be a winner !

It could be a Nikon D3x as we have got the Nikon D2x out now...Also the Nikon D200 will be replaced by the D300 !!! I think there will might be a D90 to replace the D70/s camera !

But we will all have to wait and see...

Thanks,

Paul