1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

So Where are the BIF Shots?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by MikeMcA², Aug 1, 2008.

1. All the D700s delivered all around the world, and not one BIF shot to check AF function? :confused: 

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Maybe in the Bird forum?

3. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Send one to me, I can put 4-5 thousand shots through it in a week for you, and let you know! :biggrin: I can compare direct to the D300 and D3 I have.

4. LOL...I don't have one, just curious. I have a D3 and D300 and was wondering if the focus is that much better than the D300. Certainly not trying to stir anything up. Just seemed that all the hoopla before availability was whether it focused better than the D300 or D2 series for BIF and I just wondered why no one seems to have tested that yet, either here or in the bird gallery or anywhere that I can find.

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    I was just teasing, and I know you were just wondering, not stiring, I really think that most serious birders like myself still prefer the built in crop factor of the D300 and D200/D2Xs. While I love the AF speed of the D3 over the D300, and there is a difference on BIF for cropping I still like that idea of more pixels on the subject.

Probably the most serious birders have the D3 already and or the D300 and might not be in the market as fast as most others.

Just one thought.

there are some nice static shots folks have shot:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=181080

but still doesn't answer the question of AF speed compared to the D300

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  6. I just don't think that the big bird shooters (no Sesame street reference here) are going to ditching their 1.5 crop D300 for the D700... I don't shoot BIF so I cannot contribute to the conversation.! Wish I could send you my D700 to test Wade, but then I would just have nothing to shoot with! The bird shooters I know who are getting a D700 (or thinking of it) are keeping their D300s for the reach...

7. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  8. Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. TimK

TimK

Apr 17, 2006
    Hong Kong, China
    Yea, so I guess I am not off-topi after all! :cool: :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.