so who is ready

Real Name
Randy
118500644_UyNDb-XL-3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

117276930_QwA8S-XL-3.jpg

117301573_fzFiU-XL-3.jpg

197236976_VrdR9-XL.jpg

201029813_zvPG3-XL.jpg

187343048_bUhvX-XL.jpg

90732522_dmf2J-XL-2.jpg

94433257_AKBP8-XL-2.jpg

Ready? One of the football seasons started a month ago up here. One thing I love about Canada, is that there's club play, as well as High School! :)

2646996974_322e9d10e5_o.png

View attachment 223687
View attachment 223688

And then the D80 got put away, and the D300 came out.
View attachment 223689

I still can't wait for High School football though, where I have games everyday to shoot.

I know I'm ready to see what you and your new gear bring back from the football field !

Can't wait. :biggrin:

In the past I was so burned out by the time the pro bowl was played that I had no problem until draft day. Now with NFL Network, I'm watching games almost every week and was so wound up by the time mini camps came that I could hardly stand it. We're severely limited time wise to shoot practices(first 30 minutes and then you're told to pack it up) and now every one is on vacation until camp opens in 3 weeks. Untill then I've got mini camp shots(still editing and sending)to tide me over until the exhibition games. REALLY looking toward the regular season home opener and the last home game. We get to shoot both Mannings! Am I ready? Damn right I'm ready!

I am more than ready, I love shooting football. Chicago Bears training camp begins on the 23rd, I hope to make it out there a couple of times.

Nice shots guys, way to get us fired up for football season...:biggrin:

Looking forward to shooting, and seeing all the shots from you experts with the new gear. :wink:

Nice shots. Can't wait until I can capture some action under the 'Friday Night Lights'. I currently play high school football. That's why I've got to wait to get my own shots.

Kudos and a question!

I am more than ready! Hopefully I'll get a crack at going on the field with our varsity this year, although only one parent is allowed to shoot each game...

Here's the question: my daughter is going to ECU in the Fall. What does their football team look like? (No laughing or sarcasm, please...):smile:

I'm ready... I better be :biggrin:

New Orleans Saints camp comes to town in a few weeks and I'll DEFINITELY be there. Also got a deal to shoot some HS Football for a local company that shoots for the newspaper. Can't wait !

Dennis

I'm definitely ready.

dsc4835ts0.jpg

dsc4861pu9.jpg

dsc4973aedited1aqi1.jpg

I don't know if I'm ready, but I'm eager. I've never shot football before, so I don't even know how I'll do. I'm going to try and talk to the coach at one of our local high schools to see if he'll allow me to shoot some practice and scrimmage games so I can "hone my skills". I'm hoping to get some assignments from the paper this upcoming season. So far, they like my baseball photos, so we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Voyager, just attack it with knowledge going in, and you should be fine. With the 70-200, you don't have to really worry about zooming too much, as you'll be at 200 most of the time. From there, learn how to get your safety shots -- a few plays of the QB dropping back, along with the RB cutting right towards the sidelines, head-on, will have you set up ok. From there, know to move 15-20 yards downfield when it's 3rd and long.

I'm sure you get the idea, and with that, you'll do fine.

Plus, you have the help of us here, if you need it.

Always ready for a football game

A little lul in August and then full steam ahead football.
pcea_mm_0533.jpg

pcea_mm_0865.jpg

pcga_mm_1373.jpg

I'm not. I've been re-reading old FB posts. Especially Franks to try and learn about the use of flash. I don't think my D200, SB-800, and 300/f4 will cut it though.

I have a feeling it will be too slow for night games. :frown:

Joe

I don't think my D200, SB-800, and 300/f4 will cut it though.

I have a feeling it will be too slow for night games. :frown:

Joe

Perhaps. I used my old D70/SB/800/70-200 2.8 combo with great results. That increased shutter flash sync really is great. Wonder why they don't include that option anymore?

Latest threads

Top Bottom