So Who's Watching the NHL Playoffs?

It's only been 2 days so far but there have been some amazing games. On Wednesday, Dallas and Vancouver went into 4 OT which happens to be the 6th longest playoff game in NHL history. 4 OT... that's playing over 2 consecutive games or about a 5 hours to finish the game! It took almost 80 minutes for someone to break the 4-4 stalemate. Players had to have intravenous fluids between periods to stay hydrated.

There's a lot more going on, but I'm don't feel like typing that all out except that the Ducks won game 1 against Minnesota :smile: I'm just wondering if anyone else is following the games.

NHL playoffs... there's nothing else like it.

16 teams, 16 wins, 1 cup.

Sorry, Chicago Blackhawks owner Bill Wirtz has ruined the team and has totally soured an entire city of hockey fans. I can't muster enough enthusiasm to watch NHL hockey any longer. If the entire Blackhawks team walked into a local shopping mall, no one would recognize any of them...that is terrible. Oh well, not much that any of us can do about the Chicago Blackhawks situation.

Hmmm, The NHL has been ruined this year because of the new shootout rules. What on earth is wrong with having a tie at the end of overtime? Now we have teams making the playoffs or not depending on individual skills in fake situations. It's as bad as the penalty shoot out in football (soccer). Wait a minute. That was a North American invention too.

Sigh.....

Ronnie
(Who is sore because the Leafs would have made the playoffs if there had been no shootouts! )

J

JMartin

There are a lot of rules recently that have ruined hockey for most of us "old time" hockey fans, but I will continue to watch!

Stinking Lightning peaked too soon, so I'm not expecting them to last very long in the playoffs. If the do get knocked out, I will put my hopes in the Rangers to pull out the east.

As for the west, that is a rough call, I have a couple good friends in Vancouver so I guess I have to pull for them. My buddies need something good to happen with their team for a change!

R

Rick Waldroup

I watched that Dallas game. To the bitter end. I wanted to smash my head into a wall.

Go Stars

Not a chance now that the Oilers are out. They went all the way to game 7 of the final last year and didn't even make the playoffs this year....

Sign me,

Cranky and perfectly enjoying my pout... :wink:

Yes, keenly watching. But with Cheechoo more or less out from the playoffs (even if he comes back, he will be nowhere near his regular season productivity), Sharks are not likely to pose serious threats to anyone. That will certainly take some interest out for me.

J

jaymc

Hmmm, The NHL has been ruined this year because of the new shootout rules. What on earth is wrong with having a tie at the end of overtime? Now we have teams making the playoffs or not depending on individual skills in fake situations. It's as bad as the penalty shoot out in football (soccer). Wait a minute. That was a North American invention too.

Sigh.....

Ronnie
(Who is sore because the Leafs would have made the playoffs if there had been no shootouts! )

:Soccerbal :eek: :Confused:

I'm Not!!

I am not watching but my husband sure is. this is why I spend so much time on this sight. Oh well this feels like home too.

Sarah

Well the new NHL is ok in some respects, but to the Leaf fan who said the Leafs would be in without shootouts...that is wrong because Montreal had more wins and they would have been in :smile:

Well the new NHL is ok in some respects, but to the Leaf fan who said the Leafs would be in without shootouts...that is wrong because Montreal had more wins and they would have been in :smile:

No it's right. The Leafs and Carolina would have been in instead of Tampa and the Islanders. Subtract all the points won for winning shootouts and you'll see.

Ronnie :mad: :eek:

They went on strike for a year to show what they really think about their fans, now I`m on strike. I will take the bucks that would have gone for tickets, food, doo-dads, etc and spend it on another chunk of glass. The minor league games are great! Cheeper and close to home.

J

jaymc

They went on strike for a year to show what they really think about their fans, now I`m on strike. I will take the bucks that would have gone for tickets, food, doo-dads, etc and spend it on another chunk of glass. The minor league games are great! Cheeper and close to home.

I'm with you ... my favorite team:

http://www.seattle-thunderbirds.com/index.php

Where else can you take a family of 10 for only $150.00!

- Jay :biggrin:

Hate hockey, can't stand it.. and it's interrupting my Coronation Street!!!! GRRRRRRR Gimme the Boys of Summer anytime!

Well, I try to watch the odd game but due to time constraints...I mainly end up watch the "highlights" on the sports channel the following morning.

I'm just hoping the Ottawa Senators don't choke...AGAIN!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom