Soccer Camp (Dial-up Friendly!)

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by gbenic, Aug 18, 2005.

1. My daughter is in soccer camp this year. These are 2 of my favorites so far. They were taken with my D70, the 70-300 ED lens and set to shutter priority.

Click on the thumbnail for a larger image.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Soccer is a great sport for girls and gives one lots of exercise. I notice your daughter has learned to kick the soccer ball correctly.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow great clarity on those shots...Good job

4. Yes, Gordon, it is great exercise. I hope she continues with it. Schoolwork comes first, though. And she can kick correctly when she wants to. She has a tendency to forget in all the excitement!

Gale, thanks for the comments. I am trying to get more comfortable with that lens. There are a lot of parents that saw some sample prints and would like to order some. I guess I am learning a little bit anyway.

5. Those are such clear shots....I'm jealous! My daughter is playing soccer this fall, and both my husband and I are coaching. I took a break to take a few pictures on Thursday night and got nothing but blur. I'm still at the point where I need to think an awful lot about my camera settings, and apparently I didn't take enough time to do that :lol: Great job on your photos...I'll bet your daughter enjoyed seeing them! My daughter (age 6) looked at mine and said 'those aren't very good.' Gotta love kids' honesty!

6. Thanks, Sommer. I was using a shutter speed of a minumum of 500. I still had some blurry shots. Kids are faster than I realized!