Soccer from this weekend

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mikefitz6, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Here are a few shots from this weekend.

1. I showed this shot to my wife. I told her this is why I needed the 200-400 zoom. For the sake of the family I would sacrifice and settle for a D700 for a couple of thousand dollars less. That way I could shoot the D700 as a second camera with my 70-200 so I could get these close shots. Her reply? My doctor said there were no broken bones and the contusions should heal in a couple of weeks.

[​IMG]

2. This is one of those "I nailed it" shots, at least as far as the timing of the ball.

[​IMG]

3. My attempt at something different. I am not real happy with this. A better angle with more of the ball visible may have worked. It is still pretty distracting. I was impressed that the 300 kept focus locked on through the net.

[​IMG]

4. I like the facial expressions. All that effort and the ball just rolled on by.

[​IMG]

6. While I was shooting the U12's a U14 Mom asked me to shoot for them. I am not sure the keeper will like this shot, but I did.

[​IMG]

7. After plowing over the defender from behind, this girl was already looking at the ref, who was looking at her. She got the foul.

[​IMG]

8. Another one of those 'if I had just been standing over there' shots. Still, I hope the keeper likes this one better.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  2. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

wow mike ... some solid shots here for sure... i've been thinking about picking up a second body myself but right now things are a bit tight ... Honestly your shots are great and i see no reason why they shouldn't start selling !!

3. Nice work here, maybe you can spin the lens purchase as a buisness investment

4. Thanks!

No new lens or new bodies. That was made clear to me. :smile:
    Maybe someday when pigs fly. Until then, I think I can make due with what I have.

5. some great shots Michael, hope you have a speedy recovery :biggrin:

6. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    WOW, these are absolutely fantastic !

7. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    These are fantastic Michael . Really good action. If I had a dime for everytime I was in the wrong spot for a shot . . .let's just say I would already have the gear you want.

Good stuff here.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    This is a very nice series, thanks for sharing.