1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Soccer from this weekend

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by mikefitz6, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Here are a few shots from this weekend.

1. I showed this shot to my wife. I told her this is why I needed the 200-400 zoom. For the sake of the family I would sacrifice and settle for a D700 for a couple of thousand dollars less. That way I could shoot the D700 as a second camera with my 70-200 so I could get these close shots. Her reply? My doctor said there were no broken bones and the contusions should heal in a couple of weeks.

[​IMG]

2. This is one of those "I nailed it" shots, at least as far as the timing of the ball.

[​IMG]

3. My attempt at something different. I am not real happy with this. A better angle with more of the ball visible may have worked. It is still pretty distracting. I was impressed that the 300 kept focus locked on through the net.

[​IMG]

4. I like the facial expressions. All that effort and the ball just rolled on by.

[​IMG]

6. While I was shooting the U12's a U14 Mom asked me to shoot for them. I am not sure the keeper will like this shot, but I did.

[​IMG]

7. After plowing over the defender from behind, this girl was already looking at the ref, who was looking at her. She got the foul.

[​IMG]

8. Another one of those 'if I had just been standing over there' shots. Still, I hope the keeper likes this one better.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  2. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

wow mike ... some solid shots here for sure... i've been thinking about picking up a second body myself but right now things are a bit tight ... Honestly your shots are great and i see no reason why they shouldn't start selling !!

3. Nice work here, maybe you can spin the lens purchase as a buisness investment

4. Thanks!

No new lens or new bodies. That was made clear to me. :smile:
    Maybe someday when pigs fly. Until then, I think I can make due with what I have.

5. some great shots Michael, hope you have a speedy recovery :biggrin:

6. WOW, these are absolutely fantastic !

7. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    These are fantastic Michael . Really good action. If I had a dime for everytime I was in the wrong spot for a shot . . .let's just say I would already have the gear you want.

Good stuff here.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    This is a very nice series, thanks for sharing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.