Soccer team photo's

Hello everybody,

It is some days ago that i posted my work. I had the chance to photograph my favourite team called Feyenoord wich is soccer team from the Netherlands. It is Rotterdam based team and have the most supporters in the Netherlands.

Many photo's of my series are posted on a website for Fans. And they asked if i could do it more often i must think about it but i am flattered about the positive comments on my work.

The first photo is from a swedish defender. Called Ostlund he plays for the Swedish national team this year on the World Championships 2006 in Germany
--
Feyenoord%20001.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This player in the front is Bonavontura Kalou he is from the Ivory Coast in Africa. He tries to obtain a Dutch citenzenship so he can play with the Dutch national team. His brother plays for the Ivory Coast National team they play against the Dutch team on the World Championships in Germany in 2006. This player is about 19 years old and is valued about 10 million US Dollars.
--
Feyenoord%20002.jpg

Feyenoord%20009.jpg

This is a youngster Goalkeeper. He is from Egypt he is called Ekramy. He looks focused at his trainer and waiting for him to shoot the ball on his goal. He is a future prospect.
Feyenoord%20003.jpg

This is the star player from Feyenoord at the moment. His name is Dirk Kuijt. He haves a value of about 20 million US dollars. He plays also for the Dutch national team. He is a striker and he is the captain of the Rotterdam based team. He is very nice down to earth person. He speaks with his feet and is allways playing every game. He never missed a game at our club. He will transfer supposedly on the end of this season to a English Premiership team. I think Chelsea or Arsenal or Liverpool will buy him.
--
Feyenoord%20004.jpg

Same player taking the ball out of the air.
--
Feyenoord%20005.jpg

Youth prospect Royston Drenth he will get the chance to proof himself in the next six months for a base position in the starting eleven.
--
Feyenoord%20007.jpg

This is the new revelation that is not gone by unnoticed. Top teams around europe have allready shown there interest in this youngster. He only played a few games yet. But he is very good. He is from Canada and is allready living and playing for about 5 years for Feyenoord Rotterdam. He also wants to ask for Dutch citizenship. Because soccer in Canada is not so good. Canada loves ice hockey and other sports more. But i assure you if you are Canadian you can be proud on this guy. You will see him in the future in one of the best teams in the world. His name is Jonathan de Guzman.
--
Feyenoord%20008.jpg

Here is new youngster bought from a other Dutch team. Ron Vlaar he is a defender. And also player for the Dutch national team.
--
Feyenoord%20010.jpg

This is the Japanese Player Shinji Ono. He plays for the Japanese national team. And he will transfer this week to Urawe Red Diamonds or go to Bolton Wanderers. He will also play on the World Championships Soccer in 2006.
--
Feyenoord%20011.jpg

This player is just back from a injury. He is called Romeo Castelen he is a winger for the Dutch national team. He just signed a new contract with Feyenoord Rotterdam so he can stay until 2009 in Rotterdam before he will transfer to a new European team.
--
Feyenoord%20012.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the information and photos. Any comments or critique or information is well apreciated.

Great shots. Soccer is more than a sport. It's an important part of life. At least in my part of the world. Very interesting shots. There's a couple of Danes playing in Holland. I guess you don't have any shots of any of them?

Great series of portraits, and the guides were very welcome. It is amazing that Feyenoord remains such a premier team with so much money available in the other premier leagues like the UK, Italy, Spain etc.

tojor said:
Great shots. Soccer is more than a sport. It's an important part of life. At least in my part of the world. Very interesting shots. There's a couple of Danes playing in Holland. I guess you don't have any shots of any of them?

One of them plays for AC Milan. John Dahl Tomassen. He was part of Feyenoord for few years he transferred for free. Another player is Kenneth Perez he plays for AZ Alkmaar. And maybe he goes to Ajax Amsterdam the concurrent of my team.

Yes in many European countries soccer is a part of life.

patrickh said:
Great series of portraits, and the guides were very welcome. It is amazing that Feyenoord remains such a premier team with so much money available in the other premier leagues like the UK, Italy, Spain etc.

To bad i had not the chance to photograph one of the better American soccer player. Corry Gibbs is a defender who also plays for Feyenoord and plays for the American national team.

Feyenoord have a mayor fan base. Almost every home game there are around the 50.000 fans visiting the stadium in Rotterdam. Feyenoord invested much money into foreign teams like in Ghana, Nigeria, Brazil, Belgium, Japan and even in the Netherlands it self. It is finally after years benefitting from the young talents and getting profit from it. The last result was the UEFA cup from few years ago.

Soccer is beautifull sport. But if you look at teams like Chelsea, Madrid, Manchester United, Liverpool and many more teams they are supported by millionairs or billionairs. You even can see in Italy that many teams have so large money problems that they even can't buy players no more. I am happy that in the Netherlands the competition is still working on own money. And in normal proportions.

J

JMartin

Very nice shots and descriptions, Vince. Thanks for sharing.

Can you tell me, what are the yellow jerseys some of the guys are wearing? Is that like a practice jersey so you can tell who is on which team for practice?

Do you talk to many followers of the Manchester United? How do they like having the Glaciers involved with their team? I know I heard a lot of people weren't happy... similar to when the bought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers :biggrin:

Being American growing up I mainly played baseball, football, hockey and later (high school and later) amateur and professional paintball. Soccer was not very popular where I lived. :frown:

When I later moved to Tampa they brought in the Tampa Bay Mutiny (MLS) and I really enjoyed watching them play, unfortunately, they only got around 9,000 - 12,000 (averaging around 11,000/game over their six years) fans per game and were disbanded.

Phil K

Real Name
Phil
Lovely series, Vince. Dutch football is always of the highest standard, and to me, the 1974 team was the best team ever played in the World Cup.

Now please go to Old Trafford to photography my team.

JMartin said:
Very nice shots and descriptions, Vince. Thanks for sharing.

Can you tell me, what are the yellow jerseys some of the guys are wearing? Is that like a practice jersey so you can tell who is on which team for practice?

Do you talk to many followers of the Manchester United? How do they like having the Glaciers involved with their team? I know I heard a lot of people weren't happy... similar to when the bought the Tampa Bay Buccaneers :biggrin:

Being American growing up I mainly played baseball, football, hockey and later (high school and later) amateur and professional paintball. Soccer was not very popular where I lived. :frown:

When I later moved to Tampa they brought in the Tampa Bay Mutiny (MLS) and I really enjoyed watching them play, unfortunately, they only got around 9,000 - 12,000 (averaging around 11,000/game over their six years) fans per game and were disbanded.

First of all 9000 to 12000 fans per game is not bad for a team to grow. America is still growing in there soccer. It is still a new sports for the last 15 years. To bad they got disbanded. But money makes the world go round. More and more you see sports is a money making business. Then we come to Manchester United. The supporters are not happy at all. Even Glaciers haves a buckets full off money it takes it price too.

There is even a new team in about 10 leagues lower then manchester. It is called something like United Fans of Manchester. They get about 5.000 to 10.000 people a game. They go to that game because they want to enjoy soccer and take the family with them. And not have to pay the high prices of premierschip games that are outrages. All because of the big expenditure of the big teams what is also raising the gate receipts.

But on one way a man like Glacier is putting alot of money into a team. And a team can benefit from it with the right players. Look at Chelsea it is a team that spends the most money in the world right now. It is run by a riches english citizen Abramovich (who was former oil company owner). You do the math about him he is under the 40 years old i think. And haves billions to spend.

It is a sort of competition falsing. Because how can a team with a budget of few millions cope with a billionairs team. And how long will such a rich man enjoy his toy. Look at Glaciers he left the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to go to the next new toy called Manchester United. The difference between Abramovich and Glacier is that Abramovich grown up in a soccer culture and loves soccer. Glacier loves American Football and wanted a new toy so why not a mayor Soccer team.

But time will tell what happens. Who have money and something is for sale then he/she is the man/woman to buy it. If it is a company/island/ship or a sports team. It can be owned and played with.

Phil K said:
Lovely series, Vince. Dutch football is always of the highest standard, and to me, the 1974 team was the best team ever played in the World Cup.

Now please go to Old Trafford to photography my team.

The only team who i love to photograph in england is Arsenal. I would want to photograph Manchester United but i can't stand Ruud van Nistelrooij. With his perfect son in law face. But behind that face is really irritating childish person. Who allways plays if he is the good and beautifull swan while he really is a rotten inside. More players that come from the Dutch team PSV Eindhoven have these kind of abbilities.

I like fair soccer players. That also admit that they played bad in a match. Or give credit to the team. It is not a one mans show. I also hope he don't Play for the Dutch National Team in the World Championships in Germany 2006.

Manchester United have some great players. But most teams in England have great players. I am happy i am not from England so i can look as a neutral fan to most games. But one team is for me the most interesting from England and that is Arsenal. With players like Henry, van Persie, Reyes, Pires and some more is just a joy to watch.

Chelsea haves great players but i hate their soccer they play to much to defending.

But the best team in the world is from spain. Barcelona and is run on the dutch tactics. If you loved the national team from 1974 from the Netherlands. Then look at Barcelona. The trainer Frank Rijkaard who was part of the squad in 1988 who won the European Championships with the Netherlands. He is trainer in Barcelona and doing good because he knows the game but also haves one of the best persons as help on the background. Johan Cruijf the number 14 of all time. The best player with players like Pele, Maradonna, Eusebio and sure i missed some off the best players.

The same succes will be this year on the World Championships in Germany because the coach of The Netherlands is Marco van Basten the best player of 1988 in Germany on the European Championships. He also works together with Johan Cruijf in the background. And it is crazy that one person can be so important for soccer. But he is very important to Dutch soccer and especially for Barcelona. He is and will allways be El Salvador for the Barcelona fans. And Barcelona haves more then 125.000 registered Fans.

So my wish is to photograph these great players from Barcelona.

tojor said:
Soccer is more than a sport. It's an important part of life.

The late Bill Shankly when manager of Liverpool FC once said without a trace of irony: "Football isn't a matter of life or death - it's much more important than that."

These are excellent shots, Vince; full of great colour.

Clivegriff said:
The late Bill Shankly when manager of Liverpool FC once said without a trace of irony: "Football isn't a matter of life or death - it's much more important than that."

These are excellent shots, Vince; full of great colour.
Thank you very much Clive. Bill Shankly sure had also the soccer virus in his blood. :Soccerbal

Latest threads

Top Bottom