Soccer USA v Panama, Gold Cup

Got to go to the game last night. Disappointing that we can only get 27k for a Sat night game in Tampa, and disappointing the US were outplayed for the entire first half by the mighty Panama.

I captured a few shots from my seat in the stands. haven't seen any posted of this game so thought I'd share.

1 Dempsey challenged by Tejada
GD7_2139.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2 Donovan back-heel pass
GD7_1963.jpg

3 Howard reacts to the 1st Panama goal
GD7_1976.jpg

4 Altidore in the box
GD7_2115.jpg

5 Bocanegra in the air
GD7_2142.jpg

6 Dempsey auditioning for Dancing with the stars
GD7_2078.jpg

7 Donovan leaves the field
GD7_2227.jpg

8 No penalty call against Dempsey
GD7_2091.jpg

9 Always keep your eye on the ball
GD7_2134.jpg

10 Kljsten wins a header
GD7_2110.jpg

11 Bradley and Goodson get stuck in
GD7_2015.jpg

12 Half time despair
GD7_2038.jpg

Cheers
wembley

these are very well done from the stands...that is disappointing that you only had that many people, the one that Geoff shot here was packed, well over 50k I believe.

Nice shots Wembley, especially #12, that's how every USA fan must have felt. I was on the field shooting the matches here in Detroit and could tell that Panama was playing very well and should be a team to be reckoned with in this tournament. I recognize all of the players now and I can say that #18 Tejada is good.

these are very well done from the stands...that is disappointing that you only had that many people, the one that Geoff shot here was packed, well over 50k I believe.

Um yeah, that game was against SPAIN, on a Saturday night in Boston! Hard not to get a lot of fannies in the seats for that one. :smile: It's hard to compare the attendance for CONCACAF and the teams playing in it during the week vs Spain on a Saturday. 28K here in Detroit on a Tuesday night, and the attendance for this game shows pretty decent support I'd say. You guys in Mass are spoiled by the amount of soccer coverage and support there, it's WAY more than almost any other area in the USA, so I'd say the rest of the country could aspire to that kind of attendance and support, it would be nice.

Will, Chris and Steve:

Thanks for the comments. The D700 did well under the Raymond James stadium lights especially as i was shooting the 80-200 with a 1.4tc, so I was at f4 all night long and it also stood up to some pretty good cropping.
I do know one of US Soccer's photographers but I touched base with him too late to get on the field for this game, but would love to have shot it with my 400 f2.8.

cheers
wembley

Great shots!

side note, I don't understand why we can't get a USMNT/USWNT game here in Seattle, we pack the stands and a bad night for any soccer game at Qwest field is 32,000 :biggrin: heck are training center at Starfire gets 7,000 for US Open Cup and that is more then DC got for the Final in Open Cup play!

Great images. But man, do I have a bunch of gripes with USA soccer.

It's awesome that you were able to get to the game.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom