Social media connectivity for cameras!

I agree, connectivity is definitely a challenge for cameras, mainly but not only because they would need a lot more software/processing power and a keyboard (similar to smartphones).
They would need a better integrated operating system with a great user interface.
Samsung tried, Sony is pushing in this direction but it does not seem to be working.
Consumer still prefer their phones for social media.
In the mid-term I see connectivity to smartphones as the key for consumer DSLRs.

Hmmm, just thinking about it again [I suppose many don't read the link before commenting] - the thoughts on making multiple contacts and gps tracking of the bride and groom could most likely be incorporated into a "wedding day" app and downloaded onto a phone. The other bits of facial recognition etc. would have to be built into the camera. :)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

What I detest almost as much as social media and an allegiance/submission to social media, if being forced to pay for things I don't need or use. I already pay for video and Snapbridge and in some camera models, a useless popup flash. I'm all for choice and technology, but give me a choice too. And as I age the tiny little screens of a smartphone, ipad and dslr, to say nothing about the tiny little controls on all 3 are beyond my mature eyesight and finger dexterity.

Makes us look respectable and knowledgeable :rolleyes::geek:
The guy who arranged my glasses said that progressives are the way to go and it's usually just the 80 year olds with bi-focals who can't deal with them - then we proceeded to talk about how easily I get motion sickness and decided that progressives weren't for me - so I'm getting bi-focals ...... like an 80 year old! :confused:

“face detection” “smile detection” “blink detection” ”animal eye detection “ etc etc - to connect to social media and access all your contacts.
I’m hoping one of those “etc” turns into “fart detection”, this would be useful given some of the people I hang out with.

“face detection” “smile detection” “blink detection” ”animal eye detection “ etc etc - to connect to social media and access all your contacts.
I’m hoping one of those “etc” turns into “fart detection”, this would be useful given some of the people I hang out with.
For the video mode? :D

Top Bottom