Soft and moody

Discussion in 'People' started by cwilt, Jan 6, 2006.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Very sweet looking...
    As the father of 3 members of the female race, you don't know what moody is till she gets in her teens... :biggrin:
    BTW what is your daughters name?

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Another beautiful capture of your daughter, Charles. I really like the orientation of the image and the softness of the focus. I assume that you used a few different light sources. I want to snap a few of my youngest daughter and give high key a try. I have seen such great results, I would like to see if I can get something reasonable good.

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. Touching...Great capture.

5. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Dave,
    Her name is Amanda and she is plenty moody at times. You should try a five year old diabetic on a bad sugar day.:eek:

Frank,
    Light source is your standard overhead office lights. Very poor for photography. The light in her eyes is from a computer monitor. A tilt of the head is all that is needed to add contrast.

Paul,
    Same light, same subject, but different PP. Last time I wanted to push the limit more than normal and it backfired on me. This is a new approach me and find it interesting how it makes me search the image.

Thanks for the great compliment. You didn't even ask to see it in colour? Are you ill?:wink:

4labs,
    Thanks you.

6. Good shot, I love the pensive look. Is the dark spot near her eye natural or is it something that may be removed in PS?

7. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

8. That's a very nice and touching pic. It's not that easy to capture kids in such a mood.

Cheers

9. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Sorry for the delay in responding. We took a little family trip into the mountains to play in a blizzard this weekend.

Gordon,
    That is a part of Amanda. Her one blemish on that young skin which is why I leave it for most images. Without it there it just isn't her.:wink:

Paul,
    I believe that is the magic difference. When I focused like this I almost changed it but something told me to fire the shutter. Later when looking at my shots of the day it caught my eye again. Sometimes that is all I need to sit and process an image. It takes some time for me to process to B&W the way "I" like it.

I can honestly say the thought to process in colour never came to me for this image. My vision was B&W when I shot it and that is the only way I would go with it.

Sorry to hear of your illness and hope you get well soon. That won't stop me from picking at you though.:tongue:

Harry,
    I am lucky in the fact that my daughter wears her emotions for all to see. It gives me many chances at such images if I am ready for it.