Soft & Noisy, Come On. Is it Me?

Discussion in 'People' started by Vin2k, May 22, 2007.

1. Vin2k

Vin2k

May 9, 2007
    Dallas
    Here are 2 more photos taken of my daughter if I sharpen them the noise really shows up. I shot these with the 18-135 kit lens, will upgrading my lens help this or is just the guy taking the pictures. I uploaded these large so you can zoom and see what im talking about when i say noisy.

DaughterBubbles3.

DaughterBubbles.

Advise on what to do!
    Thanks

2. They are just not properly exposed. Meter on the background and set your exposure about one stop under that reading and set the flash to TTL_BL and try again. You also have some dust spots on your sensor that need to be cleaned.
    Dave

3. Vin2k

Vin2k

May 9, 2007
    Dallas
    yea I noticed that (the dust bunnys)! so the proper exposure will cure the noise?

4. Yes it will. Good luck and your daughter is a lovely model.

5. Vin2k

Vin2k

May 9, 2007
    Dallas
    I underexposed the background bigtime but I didnt have the flash on TTL_BL. It was like 6:30. I did notice on the shots where I had the f-stop at like 20 my daughter was pretty sharp but the background looked like it was night time. Tomorrow ill try some more with the ttl_bl setting. Thanks for the help as well as the compliment!

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    No wonder it's underexposed, shot at f16. Why did you decide to stop down so much when it wasn't even very bright out? Also. most lenses are at their sweet spot of sharpness at about f8.

7. Vin2k

Vin2k

May 9, 2007
    Dallas
    I was going for a different kind of affect.

8. Vin2k

Vin2k

May 9, 2007
    Dallas
    I stopped this one down even more and its not as noisy as the previous two. Im just experimenting with different lighting affects. Ive seen some people take these types of shots and get a razor sharp image and im trying to accomplish the same thing.

DaughterBubbles4.

The dog just wasnt in the mood, she'd put her head down every time she heard the camera focus lock.