Soft Shoulder Bags

I have a LowPro Stealth Reporter AW100 that isn't all that stealthy I'm afraid. Looking at the TTP Retrospective either 20 0r 30 in Pinestone. Is there anything else out there that provides similar "stealthiness"? Thank you :smile:

The only other brand that I think is as "stealthy" is Crumpler, but I've been displeased with the design of their bags.

On the contrary, every TTP product I've owned has impressed me again and again with the design, features, and quality. They do things that no other bag company would even think of, like putting the small pockets on the inside flap of their front pockets, so that they're facing the photographer instead of away from him/her, and that's just an example. I can't recommend their products enough. Two years ago, I would have wholeheartedly recommended Domke, but the Retrospective line gives you the well-worn, casual look that's so nice about Domke's bags, but without the sacrifices and outdated design.

Domke F-2 or F-6 ruggedwear. Wash it a few times and remove the Domke label and it looks like a soft regular joe bag. I have two and I love them!

The Crumpler $X Million Dollar homes are worth a look depending on the size you want. I have a 6 and (I think a 7) which I really like. I was debating the 7 vs. the Think Tank Retrospective to fit a gripped D700 w/70-200 attached when I want to travel heavy and ended up going Crumpler simply because the Retro was back-ordered at the time.

The TT holster I have is nice though - both make quality products worthy of consideration. The Crumplers come in "bolder" color options which may be good or bad depending on your wants...

Crumpler messenger style bags are not stealthy or soft.........way too over padded for my taste, and the colors, yuck!!!........

Domke's are great, like Joseph said........wash, remove labels, done!!!!!
I own an F2 and F5XC, love them both!!!

also own the TT Retro 20, it's an awesome bag!!! love everything about it, best of all it fits the 70-200 mounted.........love this bag!!! best messenger style bag on the market!!!.......imo..:biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
went with the TTP Retro 20 in black. Pinestone is very garish to me eye and would attract attention. Can't believe how much I could stuff in there -took my gear minus the 200-400 and second body to the shop to try the bag, and I just kept putting things in there. After all that I thought great, but it is going to be heavy. Well no, it's not. The bag is great to wear, the strap is very comfy. I can see why these bags get such a high rating from users.

went with the TTP Retro 20 in black. Pinestone is very garish to me eye and would attract attention. Can't believe how much I could stuff in there -took my gear minus the 200-400 and second body to the shop to try the bag, and I just kept putting things in there. After all that I thought great, but it is going to be heavy. Well no, it's not. The bag is great to wear, the strap is very comfy. I can see why these bags get such a high rating from users.
So how much were you able to stuff into the bag exactly? I'm curious cuz I'm in the market for yet ANOTHER bag!!!

I have way too many bags too, but my TT Retrospective 20 is my favourite by some distance. It holds so much gear and yet somehow feels lighter and easier to carry than it should! I went for Pinestone as all my other bags are black and I wanted something different, and to me it looks discreet and doesn't scream that it has expensive photo gear on board. Great strap too.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom