Softball pics-edited and revised

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Jeff Mims, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
  2. Alright, it's working! You can see your daughters face much better in this one!! Is that just dirt or is it a black eye from taking one off the grill?

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Steve,
    Not sure...but it was really dry and dusty yesterday. Probably dirt, not a black eye. Softball can be rough..but it's still not football.:smile:

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

4. Well done... these are much better and your daughter's pic is much improved!

5. Good shots made better.

6. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks. I took GBRandy's advice, and it seemed to have worked. I was trying to make my daughter as pretty as me.:biggrin: (Thank God..she passed me in the dept!):biggrin::biggrin:

7. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thank you Mark.

As I said, I have benefited from good advice here. The best way for me to learn is to hang around here..where there is talent and knowledge.

8. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    #1 & #3 are bit bright....but #2 is exactly what I was thinking....maybe even a little more adjustment....Well done Jeff. As was said earlier....Great shots made even better....nice work.

EDIT: BTW, this one very strong reason to shoot RAW. All adjustable after the fact.....

9. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Randy,
    I agree about #1 and #3...I had that set wrong in the camera, and tried to tone it down some..but didn't do so well.
    It wasn't my best ever outing, photography wise. But I'm learning.

Thanks for the comments and thanks for the advice.

10. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    I saw these earlier and your PP has helped a lot. As Randy said perhaps a bit to much brightness in 1&3 --these are good solid shots #2 is my favorite
    Keep them coming

11. very good Jeff. Little things can make a big difference and it is obvious to me that Randy's advice was spot on!

12. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks Dave..
    I've never gotten any bad advice from anyone here. Which is good, I am grateful all the help I can get.:smile:

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The shots look good Jeff, seems that maybe the exposure settings were not optimal, but they cleaned up well in post. I like the catcher shot alot, the intensity in her eyes speaks volumes.