1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

softball team poster

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by ofd678, Aug 5, 2008.

1. ofd678

ofd678

Aug 12, 2007
    Glenwood
    I know it is a bit cheesey that the girls are floating, but most of them forgot their shoes and we only had a few minutes on some steps to take photos. The sun was very bright and I did not handle it very well, but all in all I think it is a cool poster.

anikoncafe.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Brent,
    i like it, as well

a lot
    they'll be very happy with this result

3. Brent,

I like it as well, plus the others on your site.

4. ofd678

ofd678

Aug 12, 2007
    Glenwood
    thanks

Thanks for the comments.

Brent

5. Bear78

Bear78

Jul 26, 2008
    Colorado
    I didn't notice the no shoes thing till you said it :smile:

It looks great.

6. tjk60

tjk60

Dec 4, 2007
    troy, mi
    Brent, I love it! Any tips on how you merged the layers for a CS3 rookie?

7. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Hey Brent, love the poster, nice job. I bet the girls loved it.

8. ofd678

ofd678

Aug 12, 2007
    Glenwood
    Psd

Thanks.

Hey Tim,

Here is a screen shot of the layers below. It is very simple, the only hard part is extracting the girls from the picture. I used the extract filter for the hair, then the pen tool for the rest. I would be happy to post the PSD if anyone wanted to practice.

Thanks
    Brent

screenshot.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

9. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    i'd love the PSD if you care to share

10. paradiddle

paradiddle

Jun 1, 2007
    U.S.A
    I like it also and interested in how you did it. I actually think you could edit your post and remove what you precieve to be problems.

Good work and I am sure they will love it!

11. ofd678

ofd678

Aug 12, 2007
    Glenwood
    psd

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=batch_download&batch_id=Q01GSXR5Tk1vQnRFQlE9PQ

here is the download link for the PSD. I had to change it to 72 PPI, otherwise the file was 41 megs at 250 PPI. I also took out the picture of the girls and names for privacy reasons.

There is no problem with the poster. The only part that takes practice is masking out or extracting the players out of the picture. The original picture was taken on a set of steps outside. I make sure when I do these that the girls don't have crazy hair, it makes it easier. If they have big freezy hair, it just takes more time to extract.

Hope this helps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.