1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Soften light in macrography

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by johan_w, Mar 29, 2007.

1. johan_w

johan_w

Feb 27, 2006
    I'm going to get a softbox for my Nikon SB800. It's main purpose will be to soften light in Macrography. What method of soften lights is the best? The flash will be placed On the camera!

2. white handkerchef and a coathanger frame...

3. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I tilt the head up on the flash, then add a piece of foam craft material cut to about 5x6" rubberbanded to the head. It acts like a fill reflector and generates nice fill light for me. I have also used this sort of device, that i made out of the same craft paper and a milky/transluscnet office folder.

86196544-M.

86196442-M.

4. OMG, I luv the hankie idea! How cool is that?

ANd does the semi clear folder give ya a color shift at all?

Or did ya do a "pre WB" with it first?

5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

I've never noticed any color shift...but you could do a PreWB and I'm sure it'd be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.