Softlighter II

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by twig, Jul 11, 2005.

1. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    I like this device, it works quite well and is very portable, these pics were taken with abou tas much space as two phone booths in a salon.

Zoe. Poor Zoe hates this stupid bow her owner wants in her hair and immediately shakes her hair all crazy the moment it is in place. I think her owner will not like how this looks because of messiness, but I think it really is the way she wanted to be portrayed (ie, if I have to wear this silly bow I am not going to look all prim & proper)
    [​IMG]

Bebe almsot died as a puppy and was nursed back to health by a girl who worked at the pet store,
    [​IMG]

2. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Hey twig - I just get little red 'X's'.

3. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Weird, I see pictures there!

They're not really that great anyway, no big loss.

4. I see only X too

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I even did a copy past of the url..page not found.

Something wrong with the posting.

Put link to gallery maybe

6. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    I have no idea what;s up guys, the images appear when I view the thread, the links are valid, I just don't know. Oh well, never mind

7. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    Try these (one too many backslashes after http:): :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice pics BTW.

8. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Hey John, thanks! You were right. Perhaps becuase I use firefox it has something built in so it knows to drop the extra "/"? Anyway, the images worked all along, so did copying the link, but now I fixed it as you suggested.

Sometimes when my computer messes up with pics I figure it knows something and maybe they just aren't good enough for display anyway.

I like the second picture though, it is a very pretty dog. The Softlighter is just above and to the right of the dog, and I am using it simultanesouly as a hair light and key light (providing side lighting to show off detail in fur, that is the goal at least),

Anyway, this was the salon employees dog and I was just testing my set-up, but I really do like how it turned out. I have the 36" model and it really is very compact, even opened and assembled, it is the size of a pillow. The lighting is much more diffuse and even than with flash units and diffuser domes.

9. jfrancis

jfrancis

May 8, 2005
    Orlando, FL
    How far away from the dogs did you position the Softliter?

10. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    It was almost on top of them. They were on a table and the soft lighter was maybe 18"-24" above and 18" to the right, angled down on them. I should have taken a shot of the room to show my whole set-up, I Will remember next time.

If the dog was a piece of paper on the desk, the softlighter was like a person looming over from the side of it to read what it said

I have the softlighter at 0 compensation, and my on camera flash was used for fill at -1EV with the Gary Fong Lightsphere II on it.