Software for quick posting on the fly

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Mojovase, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Mojovase

Mojovase

Feb 18, 2007
    Maryland
    Was at a convention where I saw a few photographers taking quicks shots with their DSLR's and it would post a few seconds later on their laptops.

Would like to get a similar setup for my studio. Any recommendations for software programs, wiring setup, wireless setup if any, and anything else that I may have missed out?

Thanks.

Jon

2. Nikon Capture control software and a wireless transmitter for the camera (WT-2A or 3A depending on camera) will do this. I use this set up at work for product and web images

3. Dave, how fast is the transfer via wireless?

How well do you like the camera controls via the laptop?

4. Mojovase

Mojovase

Feb 18, 2007
    Maryland
    Wow...looks good to me

Didn't realized that it costs $500+ for the device. At least, it does let you shoot vertically and control the command dials.

How about a wired transmitter? What would I need? It would appear that I would need at least 15 feet of wiring, to prevent from tripping over in the studio.

Thanks.