Soggy D850

Latest, Nikon did not update the repair status so I have to wait a day or to to approve the replacement.

APS made 2 serious errors in the shipping label and UPS could not deliver the 24-120 today. I guess their shipping clerk is high on legal dope. I will not use them again because of this. I have no idea when I will get the lens back, if ever.
I had sent my 24-120 to Midwest a few weeks ago, still waiting for them to repair it. I was going to send it to APS and got to thinking I made a mistake until I read your post that they mis-addressed the box. When mine does eventually come back, hopefully I won't have the issues you have had. Amazon has screwed up twice this last week alone, one order had the wrong items and the other was missing half of the items (but said complete). I'd take my business elsewhere but the B&M stores don't carry what I want and some of these things are almost impossible to find elsewhere.

I had sent my 24-120 to Midwest a few weeks ago, still waiting for them to repair it. I was going to send it to APS and got to thinking I made a mistake until I read your post that they mis-addressed the box. When mine does eventually come back, hopefully I won't have the issues you have had. Amazon has screwed up twice this last week alone, one order had the wrong items and the other was missing half of the items (but said complete). I'd take my business elsewhere but the B&M stores don't carry what I want and some of these things are almost impossible to find elsewhere.
I just checked the 24-120 on my D800 and it is working. I have not checked the AF fine tune.

This thread makes me long for the old days. In the '90's my F4 stopped working so I took it to my local Nikon Service centre in Vancouver. In those days we had local service... The tech looked at it and went into the back to get a loaner F4 as the deal was back then that if they couldn't fix it in 24 hours they gave you a free loaner. Since the camera had to go back east as they did not fix F4s in Vancouver he just got out the loaner. Yes, the Nikon pro card helped....

The rep took me into a separate area to do the paperwork as another customer also brought in his F4 but he was not a Nikon pro so was told his camera would take 3 months.... mine was back in a week and worked up till i went digital when i gave it to my niece who was in art school.

Cheers,

alexis and Georgie Beagle

"today i don't worry about a single card slot, i worry about only having one body" - Georgie Beagle

If you send it in for repair, this thread will surely have a long life. :ROFLMAO:
I called them and went through some basic trouble shooting over the phone. They are going to send me a prepaid repair label. It has to come from a different department, so it will take a while.

One of the reasons turnaround time is so long is pro's go to the top of the line.

Even better if you are on a Mac:

If you are using a Mac, you don't have to download anything to check the shutter actuation count.

Open the image with the Preview application.
Then, from the Tools menu choose Show Inspector.
Click on the second column (with the letter 'i" in the circle).
Click the Nikon column.
Then check the value for the ShutterCount.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The old one had around 7500. In all honesty, I am OK with 25K. It's just getting broken in.

You paid $2227 for a refurbished D850 with 25,000 clicks and with cosmetics that are like new. That's about $300 to $350 less than the two used cameras being offered by B&H that have ratings of 9 and 9+. We don't know how many clicks those cameras have but I would be willing to bet that, unlike yours, the viewfinder works properly. I don't know how long the two warranties are but I'm sure that's easy to look up.

You paid $2227 for a refurbished D850 with 25,000 clicks and with cosmetics that are like new. That's about $300 to $350 less than the two used cameras being offered by B&H that have ratings of 9 and 9+. We don't know how many clicks those cameras have but I would be willing to bet that, unlike yours, the viewfinder works properly. I don't know how long the two warranties are but I'm sure that's easy to look up.
Some really clean ones have been up for sale at FM for less with fewer clicks.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom