Solar eclipse June 21 2020

June 21 was a busy day - Summer Solstice, Father's Day and solar eclipse. For some parts of the world, it was a beautiful annular eclipse but for me in Hong Kong, it's just a partial eclipse. There was some clouds and the sun moved out each time for a few seconds. I managed to capture it at about maximum eclipse when the sun appeared just out of the cloud and the effect is quite interesting.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually a really awesome shot! Nice mood.
Thank you Wade!

Fantastic shot, Phil, and the clouds add a nice backdrop!
Thank you Lyndee. I was luck that the cloud gave me a break.

Agreed with Wade and Lyndee
Thank you Mike!

You got a great shot. The clouds add so much!
Thank you Terri. Looking back I am glad that there was some cloud.

Nicely done, Phil. I'm glad you were able to sneak out during your busy day.
Thank you Mitch. I did not prepared well for the capture because I did not expect I could go out during that time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like the subtle color shifts Phil. Overall great catch.
Thank you very much Gordon.

That's a terrific shot, Phil! Beautiful, subtle colors and of course the interesting shape of the sun which looks more like the way we're used to seeing the moon!
Thank you very much Connie. I would like to capture an annular eclipse but that would require travelling which was not possible.

Well done, Phil! One of the best shots of this event that I've seen!
Thank you very much Karen. I was lucky that the sun came our from behind the cloud at the right moment.

Love it. It's a most welcome change from all the typical eclipse shots. This has atmosphere, context and feeling!
Thank you very much Nick. Initially I was frustrated by the clouds but it turned out in my favour in the end.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom