Sold My Lens On NikonCafe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eng45ine, Jul 21, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I wanted to say that I am completing the sale of my Nikkor 24-120mm VR with Jacki, commonly known as Rose Canyon. We have been talking about this sale since June and I am so pleased to say that the transaction went as smoothly as any could possibly go. We had some great PM conversations during the time in which we started talking about the lens until today when I confirmed the arrival date for her. The whole thing was much more than selling a piece of camera equipment...I made a friend as well. I was made privilege of some of the daily happenings in her life and that was wonderful...Jacki writes letters that are unbelievable, she truly has a gift.

The reason for this thread...to thank the administrators and moderators for providing us with this outstanding forum where good people can have the opportunity to meet, share, learn and trade with one another. Perhaps this sale could have been done via another venue...but I am thrilled that the Cafe exists...can almost 1,000 members be wrong?

Thanks Jacki...and the hosts of NikonCafe!!!

2. Vandyu

Vandyu

May 14, 2005
    Richmond, VA
    You're right about the NikonCafe members being great people who try to help others with their photography, whether they are novices or pros. Glad you and Jacki have developed a friendship. Hope she enjoys her new lens.

3. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

While I can never condone getting rid of a 24-120VR - I'm happy for both of you.

4. Cafe' Members are excellent people. I have bought 2 items and sold 1 item to Cafe' members and like you Frank, the transactions were flawless. It's more than just the sale, it's about good people coming together in a common cause for the good of eachother.

5. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Is everyone selling their 24-120? I've thought about selling mine, as I almost never use it.

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very well stated, Scott. How lucky we all are to have this site.

And Ken and Greg...I hated selling that lens, but it facilitated buying the "beast" which I truly enjoy shooting with. I made the decision to go with all pro glass because of my sports shooting addiction and I am well on my way. I know that practicality will make me miss the 24-120VR, but in the end, it is the best decision.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I will never part with any of my VR VR VR's ever again.

I am so glad my baby the 80-400 is home.

Sorry Vinh did not care for it. Maybe she was home sick.

Talk about a slick quick deal we both overnighted the camera and monies at the rate of priority, because on Friday they said they would not be delevered overnight. Guess what ...They did.

Now that is fast.

Thanks Vinh.

All of my dealing and swaping here have been great experiences.

Thanks to all.....

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Gale???

I think that you may be suffering from a rare but non-lethal issue known as......VRitis!!! :? I totally enjoy when you post and include VR VR VR, nothing better than knowing that someone is thrilled with their equipment! That's what this is all about...Viva LaCafe!!! :D

9. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Now watch that! I resemble that remark....... 8)

VRVRVR

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah Ken...I beginning to think that you avoid driving past camera shops because you can't say no to new equipment!!!!! :lol: I know most of us suffer from passionate photography and want the most and very best equipment. You have definately become Mr. VR as well...and it looks good sticking out of your camera, too. If it wasn't camera stuff...it would just be something else!!!

11. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Good for you, Rose Canyon Jacki.

PS Don't forget to add your new baby to your signature!

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jacki, you should be a writer. Awesome and touching narrative. :wink:

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    As is with all of the correspondence from Jacki..... Beautiful words!