• All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. The Nikon Cafe and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/help/terms

Older transaction feedback (left prior to the new system) can be found in our Feedback Archive.

[EXPIRED] SOLD: Nikon 200-400mm f4/G VR

Buy/Sell feedback for genera (0)

Nikon 200-400 4.0G VR AF-S IF/ED

I last used it on a trip up the coast to shoot seal lions over two years ago and it was a year before that when I last went birding. As much as I've enjoyed using this lens it's time for it to go.

This Nikkor 200-400mm zoom lens is in excellent at least 9 condition. There's a 1-2mm chip in the paint near the bottom focus operation button and a small mark on the lens mount but other than that there are no rub marks, dings, scratches, or scuffing on glass or body. The hood is in great condition as well. The original case and strap were replaced during a Nikon recall and have never used. When the lens was not in use it was stored in a Pelican case. In the field I relied on a LensCoat to provide some protection. Non-smoking house, no pets.

The lens is a US model purchased new from B&H Photo by a fellow cafe member. I'm the second owner.

The HK-30 hood, front and rear covers/caps, CL-L2 case with strap, 52mm Nikon NC filter, and filter holder are included. I don't have the original box, manual, or warranty forms. Photocopies of the original sales receipt and Instruction Manual and a black LensCoat will be shipped with the lens. The lensplate visible in some photos is not included.

I'm asking $4,300. (The price is firm, at least for a while). Paypal fees and FedEx shipping to any PayPal verified U.S. address are on me. An adult signature will be required. I'll also accept payment by cashiers check or by personal check from well established NikonCafe members. I'll ship within one business day. I'll also ship to other countries but the shipping cost will be higher and I'll only accept payment by wire transfer or bank check in US$. The customs paperwork for items over US$ 2500 can be complex and may delay shipping by a day or two. There will most likely be fees and taxes due once the lens arrives in your country. These are the buyers responsibility. PM me for a shipping quote if you're still interested after all the disclaimers :smile:.

You may return the lens for a refund within 7 days of delivery if you're not satisfied. Shipping fees will not be refunded unless you discover an undisclosed problem.

1)
p1651266850-5.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2)
p1853873427-5.jpg

3) Top view
View attachment 1203898

4) Bottom view. You can just see the paint chip near the focus button near the front
View attachment 1203899

5) Paint chip near bottom focus button
View attachment 1203900

6) Wear mark on black ring (about 1 o'clock position)
p1870129701-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^ ^ ^

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom