Solon / Clevelend?

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by FotoPhocus, Jun 28, 2008.

1. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    I'm going to be in the area Sunday - Wednesday. Any good photo opportunities for me? I'll be there on business, looking for ways to pass time in the evening.

2. Travel a little south of Cleveland to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. It isn't Yellowstone, but there's some nice areas. Check out the Beaver Marsh near the Ira Road Trail Head: birds, heron, and macro. Blue Hen Falls is a small falls, but easy to get to and photograph. Brandywine Falls is much larger. (also easy to get to)
    The Cleveland MetroParks system that surrounds the county is a very nice park system. Some of my more favorite parks are North Chagrin, South Chagrin, and Bedford Reservation.
    If you're interested in lighthouses: In Vermillion, west of Cleveland there is a nice museum and a small rebuilt lighthouse. About 30 miles east of Cleveland in Fairport Harbor is a great looking lighthouse on land. On a "break wall" is the steel light house that replaced the older one.
    I don't photograph the city of Cleveland much, so I can't really help much about the city itself.

3. FotoPhocus

FotoPhocus

Jun 15, 2008
    Thanks for the tips. Heading down today. I'll be very close to South Chagrin, so that may be an easy option.