{SOLVED} 35-70 vs 24-85

I had the G version of the 24-85 and don't miss it much except on the wide end. Right now I only own a 35-70 and love it. Sharp, relatively light and easy to use on the D80. I have a few shots on my site with it. Here's a natural light (in macro mode.)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Oh man is that ever a keeper! Terrific shot...great job!

Here are some of the photos taken with 35-70 f2.8.

Its build quality is great. If you use hood then lens flare problem can be reduced. Push-pull is not really a problem to me at all.

Real Name
Danny W. Burdick
I bought a 35-70 2.8D and sent it to Nikon to completely rebuild it everything ...I never regret it...even with the rebuild it is far cheaper than it's peers...
It is my everyday carry lens...when I grab my D750 and before that my D700...that lens is on the camera unless a special need arises...ultra wide or tele....
In my opinion you cannot go wrong with the 35-70 2.8D
there are some young up and coming hotshots in other sections of this site who posted photos taken with it
that are jaw dropping...easily money shots...

AF Zoom-Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8D

Hey. I am from Argentina and here is very difficult to buy new lenses because several reasons like the exchange of the our currency vs the US dolar, inflation and now the lockdown.

So I had a strike of luck and bought this lens but without the original hood. Also I read the Ken Rockwell review of this lens and he recommended for integration within a larger professional Nikon system, to use a 62mm -> 77mm adapter ring, and treat this as 77mm lens.

So what happened with the hood if you plan to use it in a D-750? Can I use a different hood model for 77mm instead of the original HB-1?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad English. Regards.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom