Some 400VR handling obersvations

Real Name
Randy
This thread started as an 'anyone use the tenba LL400case'....

see my last post for some updates to how I am dealing with the 400vr

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an older LowePro 600 AW, and it fits the lens with hood attached, or the lens w/DSLR body attached with the hood collapsed. I would suspect this bag would be the same. I generally don't leave the camera attached, simply because I'm lazy and attaching the body is much easier than putting the double hood assemply together. :smile:

Real Name
Randy
I use an older LowePro 600 AW, and it fits the lens with hood attached, or the lens w/DSLR body attached with the hood collapsed. I would suspect this bag would be the same. I generally don't leave the camera attached, simply because I'm lazy and attaching the body is much easier than putting the double hood assemply together. :smile:

thx mike
after reading so much about the dbl hood i suspect i wil want the hood attached also vs the body
and i never leave home w/ bodies attached now

R

RichNY

Randy- I did a bunch of research on this.

Tenba's largest bag won't give you the ability to store a 400 with the hood installed in the shooting position.

Lowepro is releasing a new 600 AW at the end of this month that will be at dealers in the beginning of November. The new bag will be a few inches larger and will allow a 400 f/2.8 in shooting position, 1.7x TC, and D3. I've decided to wait four more weeks to get this bag.

Interesting news Rich, I was shopping bags today for the 400...will look around for that information.

Real Name
Randy
now that I have had my 400vr for a month some updates:

1. the 2 piece hood is easy to use and IMO it's not necessary to transport the lens with the hood attached.

2. When I am only shooting the 400vr I use the nikon suitcase and assemble everything from my car trunk and then walk to the field with the lens+camera+mono hanging from my shoulder w/ the lens strap.....this has turned out to be very easy and I even walk into the stands to hand out cards w/ the gear hanging from my shoulder (which results in alot more cards being handed out)

3. I got a tamrac 694 big wheels bag when I am shooting muliple bodies and lenses. This case is awesome and easliy holds my D3, D300, 400vr, 70-200, TC, 85 1.4 with room to spare. The wheels on this baby will go anywhere....I roll it over gravel and grass, right onto the field where I setup shop....pricey case but worth every penny

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom