1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some 5000 pics

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR Forum' started by williadw, Jul 31, 2009.

1. I purchased the D5000 as a second lighter body to just mess around with sometime and to use the flip screen for some possible extreme macro shots. Pretty cheap.. as far as Nikons go..and I think will be fun.

I went out the 1st time with it today and a guy from work who has a D40x tagged along. I will have to say.. My initial feelings on the D5000 is I really like it. It is small but comfortable to hold. Of course I was looking for some of the bells and whistles of the D700, but once I got used to not reaching for them in the usual D700 places, it was a fun camera to use.

Here are some pics from the outing:

1:
    [​IMG]

2:
    [​IMG]

3:
    [​IMG]

4:
    [​IMG]

5:
    [​IMG]

2. luke_28

luke_28

May 12, 2008
    North
    Nice stuff Don.

I really like my D5000 as a small carry around. I'm finding the articulating screen to be very useful.

3. Yup..

I just did some video at a retirement luncheon, which came in handy. I had almost forgotten it did video, since I am not used to a DSLR doing that.

lol

4. asnpcwiz

asnpcwiz

May 27, 2009
    USA
    Nice...congrats on the camera. I really like pics 3 and 4.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.