Some 911 pics from NYC and Liberty Park

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by DiverX, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Here are a few more images from 911. I am posting these after seeing Roberts superb shots because they are from a different spot. The first 3 are shot from Liberty State Park in NJ and the lst 2 were shot on my way home in NYC. I pased thru NYC on the way to Long Island and just had to stop at the lights!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All shot with a D2x and either a 17-35 f2.8, 28-80 f2.8 on a Gitzo 1325. Mostly f8-f16 @ 8seconds and down to 2.2 seconds, ISO 100!!!

2. George,

Great stuff. I was going to photograph it the following day but didn't know it is only 1-day event now.

3. I would really like to be there to see that. Thanks for letting me do this vicariously.

4. Roosje

Roosje

May 25, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Impressing and wonderful photos. A powerful and symbolic rememberance of wat happened on that terrible day.

Roosje

5. Very nice series, George. Very powerful!

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Spectacular images.. Wow.

Just a touch of horizon straightening on a couple.

Thanks for sharing.. Wish I could see this as well.

God Bless NY where I was born. Once a NY er always a NY er.

7. strobel

strobel

Apr 30, 2005
    Algonquin, IL
    I love each and everyone of those photos.. That first one absolutely looks like something that should be in print..

Thanks for sharing

Ron

8. Thanks very much everyone! I know some look a bit tilted but that is not the horizon but the 17-35 messing with the perspectine of the tall beam. I get lazy sometimes and don't do the photoshop work... :biggrin:

9. Must be an awesoem sight to see in person thansk for sharing

10. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Hi DriverX

Very Nicely done. Love the composition of the last image. It creates the human factor to this memorial

Regards
    RFC

11. Excellent images, George. I like them all, but the converging lights is my favorite: very well seen and captured.