1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some agile pups

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by RKnecht, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Here is a small sample from an agility show I shot this past weekend. I'm booked through mid-October, so I hope I can share some photos from each show. All were taken with the D3 and 300 2.8.

363771154_va4RZ-XL.

363774204_mXGZf-XL.

363771608_dVbr7-XL.

363772550_5hdmt-XL.

I also posted on the sports forum, but thought I would share these here as well.

2. Hey Rich, love that first shot, just great...
    But that last one. OMG... Having a bad hair day...
    Is there a dog in there....
    Or is it just Bob Marley reincarnated... LOL....

3. Rich,
    i can see why you are completely booked
    these are super shots
    well done

thanks for sharing

4. Wow! Well done Rich. Love the rasta-dog in #4. :smile:

5. Billh

Billh

Jan 26, 2008
    Northern, VA
    Rich, these are great! I love how the focus is on the face of each of them.

Bill

6. Great job on these! I show my dogs in agility and it's hard to get really decent shots that depict action. I love the first shot, getting an "action" shot out of the chute is a real challenge and you nailed it!

7. ubetcha

ubetcha

Nov 12, 2006
    San Diego, Ca
    Love 'em all but the flying black rag mop is a kill!

8. I agree, #4 is hilarious, and wonderful! I'm still giggling. :) 

9. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    EXCELLENT!! Is that a puli???!?!?

10. Yes it is. The woman running it had a white one too. I love seeing variety in these shows.

Thanks everyone for the kind remarks.

11. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    SO sharp!! And I love #4 like everyone else!

12. Excellent shots! I am so jealous. All the agility is indoors here, bummer. Your shots are inspiring. D3 and 300 2.8 is just the ticket. Too bad I cannot heft that kind of weight. What speed/ISO did you shoot?

13. I like the wheaten with the little elastic on it's fall. Too cute.

14. I was using ISO 1000 with shutter speeds from 1/1000 to 1/2500 at F7.1. I had to keep it really fast for the chute pictures. Timing is everything with that chute.

15. Thanks! I may give that indoor building one more try now that my D300 is repaired. But I expect a great deal of noise.

I find the chute particularly difficult.

16. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Terrific as always, Rich!

17. Gotta love the little guy with an attitude in #2 and the mop! Those are hilarious. :smile:

18. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    These are awesome Rich. I love the Wheaton - chutes are SO hard to time just right. Great catch.

The Puli is fantastic too - we don't have a lot of those running around here - the one that was a couple years ago was shaved down, so no fun cords!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.