Some amazing photos

Terri those photos where awesome! I read all the captions of them. Africa is a beautiful place Id love to go visit again.

Amazing doesn't describe these photos. The action of the lava in #19 and #27 show how alive this volcano is. I must say the scientists are very dedicated to not be bothered getting that close.

Absolutely stunning pictures Terry and thank you for sharing them with us.
I am sure the majority reading these posts know how dangerous a project like this could be. In the first place, it is a risky climb to the top of that crater. The lava is thousands of degrees hot and the heat surrounding the crater could easily fry a chicken in minutes.
It is interesting to notice that it took them 4 months of training prior to the expedition.
They have certainly taken all precautions and they are in continuous communication among each other through their radios as a mean of monitoring each other activity and to prevent accidents. Organization is impeccable.
Still it is a dangerous project that has been well rewarded with the knowledge learned from their different experiments and those amazing shots.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

I'm so glad that so many of you have enjoyed these as much as I did. I would love to find some video of the event. I bet the sounds are amazing, too!!

....And Nick, yes, Craters of the Moon seems very tame. We hiked to the rim of the Yellowstone Caldera yesterday. I wonder what that was like when it was active....probably beyond imagination. Let's hope it stays dormant for a long time..... (Edit...it was actually the Island Park Caldera which is close to the Yellowstone Caldera).

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom