Some animal portraits

Took these at the Brookfield zoo today...it was kinda cold, so I spent more time indoors at the Tropical World
Regards,
-Vinod
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Love the third and last one.. Really super.

Thanks for sharing, ALL of those fine shots.

cheers
Gale

It's amazing, Vinod, how each on of these animals has a different reaction to your camera. Guess they aren't much different than people when you poke a lens in their faces (even if it is at 300mm).

Enjoyed your series, especially the second one. Where is the Brookfield Zoo? Looks like a great place to visit.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

P.S. Welcome to Nikon Cafe.

Very nice series Vinod. I don't blame you. I would stay in the tropics too if I were you.... :wink:

Regards,

Frank

Hey Virginia,
Brookfield Zoo is in Illinois...yeah, it is a good place to visit, keeps the kids busy while I take pictures. :)
Regards,
-Vinod

Enjoyed your series, especially the second one. Where is the Brookfield Zoo? Looks like a great place to visit.

Virginia
aka beaucamera

P.S. Welcome to Nikon Cafe.

Hi Vinod,

These are terrific! :D I am so impressed that you took them all at a very low shutter speed and the minimum ISO that would allow those speeds (to minimize the noise). This was a risk as those animals could have just moved and ruined the shots, but the gamble paid off handsomely. My favorite is the Orang-Outan. Great job, and thanks for sharing! 8)

Hi Phiippe, I think most of these animals were in the middle of their afternoon nap...so there wasn't much movement. Worked out good for me because the lighting indoors is pretty pathetic.
Thanks for looking
Regards,
-Vinod

Philippe Roger said:
Hi Vinod,

These are terrific! :D I am so impressed that you took them all at a very low shutter speed and the minimum ISO that would allow those speeds (to minimize the noise). This was a risk as those animals could have just moved and ruined the shots, but the gamble paid off handsomely. My favorite is the Orang-Outan. Great job, and thanks for sharing! 8)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom