Some are so generous....

Discussion in 'People' started by LionRed, Jun 22, 2007.

1. I was watching this man from a restaurant...and noticed, he has two ducklings in he coat! He feed them some bread....
    Unfortunately, I think the lens I was using (Nikkor DX 18-300) just didn't have the reach....or maybe the lighting....it was probably me. I had only had the D80 for less then a week.

593320763_900c79ff77_b.

Cheers

2. PAReams

PAReams

Apr 4, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    That's a cool image with a story behind it. One to keep.

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Jaime :

Another great shot !

As for your work, I don't think there's anything poor with the shot, per se, but, if you pull it up in Photoshop and run Image/Adjustment/Shadows&Highlights with settings of maybe 35% for Shadows and 10% for Highlights, add a touch of USM, you'll see the shot pop out a bit more. Let me know if you want me to post this (I simply won't take another photographer's shot, change it, and repost it without their permission).

Fascinating photo of an interesting moment...

John P.

4. Great capture. Being alert really and watching people closely pays sometimes.

Tim

5. Hey Jamie, indeed as often happens, those who have less are much more generous than those who have a lot - as far as the pic, technical stuff is not always as important for me as the story the pic tells; of course, if you can have it technically as you foresaw it, and have a story-telling image at the same time, the better: but if I had to choose, the story would of course come first - here you definitely got the story, which is what counts.
    Maybe cropping it back to landscape, getting rid of some space in front and up behind him would help concentrating the viewer's attention to the scene.

Thanks for sharing! :biggrin:

6. John P. pls do.

Thank you for the comments, everyone.

7. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Jaime :

Here's the S&H modification, and a crop. Of course, with the original image, this would be a larger shot after cropping. You might prefer more or less S&H modification - after all, you were there for the photo and know what you were attempting to capture - but this gives you an idea of how that function in PS-CS2 works...

[​IMG]

Again, you captured a great and poignant moment...

John P.

8. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    An unbelievable provacative image. It makes me feel, and that does not happen much. Super image.