Some backyard birds

These are probably what could be considered backyard birds but I actually shot them out along the ocean shores in Washington.

Not sure of the ID of any of them.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 243534

View attachment 243535

View attachment 243536

View attachment 243537

Louie

Nice series. Very sharp and love the bokeh. The second shot really stands out ofr me. Which lens were you using?

great shots ,,, all are sparrows ,,, song sparrows I believe .... have to look in my book ,, Great captures of them,,,,

just lookin' thru my book ,, 1,3 looks to be a field sparrow,,with 5 being juvinile field sparrows, 2 and 4 song sparrows ,, tuff to tell these guys ,,, love to listen to em sing

oops me again ,, noticed you were from Washington so went to my Western Bird boook ,, you don't have field sparows there i guess ,,, so maybe they were vesper' sparrows,, not sure,,,,

Well done Louie. Nice series of pics. Where are the osprey portraits? *-)With this screwy weather I have not been out shooting in almost a month. Grrrr. Looks like Gustov might send some bad weather this way....just after Fay finally vanished.

Beautiful portraits Louie!
I'll take a stab at the ID's- 2 have me stumped
#1 Savannah Sparrow
#2 probably Song- don't like the bill shape, but can't see what else it could be
#3 House Finch- yellow variant
#4 Swamp Sparrow-young'un
#5 What the????????? Beat's me! Got a different angle on those?

Louie, it has been a while since I last viewed any photos here and when I did I saw these. They are stunning shots. I was sure they must have been with the D3. I was surprised to see they were with that old D300!!! Welll done as always.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom