Some backyard birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Beautiful captures, Louie...especially #1.

2. Nice series. Very sharp and love the bokeh. The second shot really stands out ofr me. Which lens were you using?

3. Thanks for looking. I'm using a D300 and a 500mm with a TC1.4 for these shots.

4. K-loader

K-loader

May 31, 2005
    Maryland, USA
    Good stuff. All five shots are clean, crisp, and a pleasure to view.

5. Fine work Louie!
    The last one is very cute.
    Fred

6. good shooting Louie., we need a resident birder to help us with some IDs!

7. Love these shots. #2 on the weed does it for me! #5 is adorable with the three fledglings. #4 looks like some kind of wren.

8. Absolutely gorgeous images Louie. Excellent.

9. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    great shots ,,, all are sparrows ,,, song sparrows I believe .... have to look in my book ,, Great captures of them,,,,

10. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    just lookin' thru my book ,, 1,3 looks to be a field sparrow,,with 5 being juvinile field sparrows, 2 and 4 song sparrows ,, tuff to tell these guys ,,, love to listen to em sing

11. russowl

russowl

Jun 9, 2008
    Lima,Ohio
    oops me again ,, noticed you were from Washington so went to my Western Bird boook ,, you don't have field sparows there i guess ,,, so maybe they were vesper' sparrows,, not sure,,,,

12. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    so sharp and beautiful light - thanks

13. Great Set Louie, Alway the Highest level of Quality!!!

It has come to be Expected!!!

14. Thanks Gary, I appreciate your comments. You've sent the bar rather high, so I'm just trying to keep up. Many thanks.

15. Well done Louie. Nice series of pics. Where are the osprey portraits? *-)With this screwy weather I have not been out shooting in almost a month. Grrrr. Looks like Gustov might send some bad weather this way....just after Fay finally vanished.

16. Beautiful portraits Louie!
    I'll take a stab at the ID's- 2 have me stumped
    #1 Savannah Sparrow
    #2 probably Song- don't like the bill shape, but can't see what else it could be
    #3 House Finch- yellow variant
    #4 Swamp Sparrow-young'un
    #5 What the????????? Beat's me! Got a different angle on those?

17. that's a great birding setup you have, great shots!

18. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    What a great series Louie. The detail in these is amazing.

19. Louie, it has been a while since I last viewed any photos here and when I did I saw these. They are stunning shots. I was sure they must have been with the D3. I was surprised to see they were with that old D300!!! Welll done as always.