Some beautiful days (no images, yet)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by italy74, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Hi guys

let me shortly cheer you since it's some day I don't write due to the awfully slow phone connection my parents have (and my internet card wasn't working almost at all in that area)

I had the opportunity to spend some time (= more than one day) with my parents, my brother, my sister in law and my niece. We had a very good time all together (don't smile, I KNOW what means this word for you! :biggrin: ) but for sure the best day, one of the most beautiful I ever remember of, it was yesterday.

I was supposed to go by myself by car to a local sanctuary which our family (as all the town in which we live) is especially devoted. It's really a peaceful place where you can find yourself in the rush of life. I also had to take a painting (marian icon) for my brother's home which is still relatively new.

you can even see it on the internet if you look for "Santuario Montallegro"

At 7.20, however, my father awakened me and proposed to go together by feet. Quite dizzy, I accepted gladly, so at 7.50 we started our pilgrimage (I esteem it's about 10 km, gone and return, all on a mountain path, which is indeed quite prickly sometimes but also gives in exchange some gorgeous sights) through the chestnuts and (later) holm woods. I had with me only my F6, 17-35 and 28-75. And some Velvia 50 rolls which I'm going to scan in high quality because I think I took some of my best images ever.
    Aside the physical trip, the fact to spend this intimate moment with my father really made me happy. You know, even if sometimes you prefer remaining alone, on your own, that was not the case. Not yesterday, though.

So we arrived there around 9.30, just for mass, and the first roll was gone.
    After mass we took some postcards, other pictures and then we slowly came back home (another roll gone, as my father says, the "olives you see in one sense you couldn't see them in the other" referring to the fact that when we collected olives from the trees you have to check the ground in both senses because some could be hidden to the first sight). At 13, being in advance (it was all faster since it was all descent) we called our mother who was at home (her knee doesn't allow this kind of walk, unfortunately) and went to eat to a local tavern in another panoramic place. Not enough happy, when we came back home, around 15.30, I asked my father lo let me come back by feet again, since on the road to home there were other beautiful places where to shoot (other 2-3 km by feet and the third roll was gone at 17.15 when I finally arrived home, walking VERY slowly and talking with the people I met along the way). Since my father was going to the local cemetery to change flowers, I followed him once again and started the 4th roll.. (all Velvia 50, except the 2nd) Well, I think my photographer will be VERY happy, today! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Joking aside, I then just had the time to take a shower, check the mail, prepare myself and leave with the train to come back to Collecchio (where I live).

Tired but happy, I arrived here at 23 (got up at 7)

I hope to share with you these images as soon as possible.
    Have a nice day.

This is the ceiling painting of the sanctuary:
    Madonna_di_Montallegro-Rapallo.

This is the holy image representing the so called "Dormitio Virginis" (as you may know, Catholics think that Mary didn't "die" as we usually think of, rather she just got asleep and be later awakened straightly in Heaven)
    [​IMG]

And this is the beautiful sanctuary (what a pity a so low quality image has been recorded!)
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.