1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Some Bird

Discussion in 'Birds' started by nfoto, Aug 14, 2005.

1. nfoto

nfoto Guest

... captured with my D2X @800 ISO and a 2000 mm lens. So be it.

7974.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. I love the diffused qualities of this shot, is this the 2000mm Reflex lens?

3. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Reflex Nikkor 1000 + TC-301 = 2000 mm.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. OK I'm curious, have you ever tried the 2000mm relfex? And if ýes what did you think of it?

6. Bjorn, that is a pretty interesting shot you have there. 2000mm is longer than most of us will ever shoot.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bjorn,

Welcome back :>)))

Well looks like a swanny trying to get away from that bazooka staring at him..

Very interesting.

Are you sure that is the hubble telescope. I had claims on that you know.

Thanks for sharing.

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    They don't show donuts at infinity, and I suspect your targets are pretty close to that far away Paul. Hypered film is nice stuff. I've always wanted to shoot b&w through an old Schmitt. Maybe like the 48". Those make the most lovely images of star fields that I have ever seen.

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Bjorn I have the utmost respect for you & your work, but

that pic is just plain wierd. I don't get it. Where's the bird? As "Shultz" from Hogan's Heros would say: "I SEE NO--THING!"

12. As I strive to capture sharp pics of birdies, I find this example rather refreshing! Very clever Bjørn!

13. nfoto

nfoto Guest

A straight-forward approach may or may not work for a given application. In this case, with this Mute Swan, I secured a few shots of the nestlings and their watchful mother cruising close by, then went off to do more entertaining stuff. I'm in the process of collecting material for a joint photo/rock presentation later this Autumn and there I need more "fleeting" images.

So many clever people can do all these amazing tack-sharp shots of birds and I won't interfere with their endeavours. I have my way and let them have theirs.

14. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

15. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    ok, Bjorn, I went back and looked again...

and now I finallly see the Swan! Dunno why I didn't spot it the 1st time! :? It is, well, different.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.