Some birdie pics from the Delaware shore

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Took these this past weekend while I was down the beach house celebrating Lorries 50th birthday. Nothing special about the shots. The birdie shots taken with the 300 f4 and 1.4 convereter
    Willet.... I believe
    original.
    Tern
    View attachment 10458
    Egret in the early AM light
    View attachment 10459
    Tern II
    View attachment 10460
    A few non birdie shots these were taken with the 28-70
    Surf Fishing
    View attachment 10461
    House down he beach from us
    View attachment 10462
    The birthday girl
    View attachment 10463

2. All nice shots, Mike, but I especially like the 2nd Tern shot! I've seen a few but not in a position to shoot them. They're on my list, along with Black Skimmers!

3. Excellent series, like them ALL! You need to do more portraits, I take it that was with your new baby...........pass on our HB wishes to the Mrs!!! Hope you treated her well with her new 200-400mm af-s ;-)

4. Great images Mike, happy birthday to Lorrie. Really like the feel of the beach house.

5. Thanks Kevin as I find birds just tryign to get a decent shot to cross them off my list only a couple thousand more to go. Thanks for looking

6. Thanks Keith now with the beast in my possesion I will be takign lots more people pictures, btw she loved her 200-400

7. Hey Gordon welcome back hope you had a great trip. I will tell Lorrie Happy birthday thanks. That beach house is an incredible house, When in use the window shutters automatically open and it looks even better

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wonderful birdie shots Mike (as usual....;-)), and a great pic of the birthday girl. I wish Janie would let me take shots like this one. She is so camera shy. :?

Looks like you guys had a great time. :D

9. Beatifull images Mike, I also love that tern shot.

10. Thanks Frank, well after trying to shoot the gulls and terns I today ordered the markins m20 and the Wimberly Sidekick, next is the gitzo pod to go along with it.
    Lorrie isn't thrilled with me taking pictures of here without letting her Photoshop it to touch it up, she was surprised when she seen this one fresh out of the camera.

11. Thanks for looking I appreciate it

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,

You will love the M20 and Sidekick. I went totally over budget with my big Wimberley and the Gitzo 1325, but I couldn't be more happy with the results that I'm getting with them.

Tell Lorrie that she shouldn't worry about any pics of her that you take. She is lucky to have a master photog for a fiance.... :wink:

13. great series Mike, and looks like some much needed R&R. So now you have 3 super sharp lenses. Great shots.