Some Birdies and Stuff

Discussion in 'Birds' started by CraigH., Apr 9, 2005.

1. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    All with d70, 300 f4 afs
    Grackle
    [imghttp://www.pbase.com/craigh/image/41861060/original.jpg[/img]

RWBB1
    original.

RWBB2
    View attachment 7185

Buttaface
    View attachment 7186

Telephoto landscape. Originally went up on the Kittatiny Ridge in Walpack N.J. to shoots some hawks but only saw one that was way out of reach. This is a shot of a little pond in the valley below. 300 mm.
    View attachment 7187

Oops, here is the grackle. Just corrected colorcast.
    View attachment 7188

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Craig,

I'm glad you posted this when you did. I got a couple of shots of a RWBB and a Grackle, but they aren't nearly as good as yours. Thanks for saving me the embarrassment.... :wink:

Nice shots.

Frank

3. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thanx Frank. come on they can't be that bad. :)

4. Very nice love the iradesent colors on the grackle, still have not got a RWBB yet

5. Nice captures. I love how the grackles look but they are evil. I am having to fill my feeders every other day because they arive by the dozens and won't leave. [​IMG]

6. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    thankyou 4labs
    They even look evil to me with those glowing eyes. The ones today i saw were overun by the Redwings. they were largly outnumbered.

7. Nice diversity of shots. The blackbirds are difficult to detain detail in but you managed to do it. Very nice.

8. Nice Craig--I see we've got you hooked on the birds. You may change your mind about that 300 F4 yet ;-)

9. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thankyou Gordon and Janet.
    Janet. its still for sale. would eventually repurchase one some day after I get my grubby little hands on a 70-200 VR. I must have it.

10. Great shots Craig. You nailed the exposures on some tough subjects.

11. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Thankyou Rory.

12. Craig, I agree with Rory, getting exposure right on these buggers can be a pain. These look great.

I have a question for all the RWBB folks here. When I was out yesterday I saw what was obviously a RRWB from the "waist up", but there was a lot of white down toward and under the tail. I have looked at "The Book" for a color variant, but I can't find one, any ideas? It was in with a flock of RWBB and had the same markings on the shoulders. Bugger wouldn't hold still long enough for a shot, darn-it....

13. Great shots Craig. The white tail giving the warning is my fav!! :) :) :)