Some Birdies and Stuff

All with d70, 300 f4 afs
Grackle
[imghttp://www.pbase.com/craigh/image/41861060/original.jpg[/img]

RWBB1
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

RWBB2
View attachment 7185

Buttaface
View attachment 7186

Telephoto landscape. Originally went up on the Kittatiny Ridge in Walpack N.J. to shoots some hawks but only saw one that was way out of reach. This is a shot of a little pond in the valley below. 300 mm.
View attachment 7187

Oops, here is the grackle. Just corrected colorcast.
View attachment 7188

Craig,

I'm glad you posted this when you did. I got a couple of shots of a RWBB and a Grackle, but they aren't nearly as good as yours. Thanks for saving me the embarrassment.... :wink:

Nice shots.

Frank

Nice captures. I love how the grackles look but they are evil. I am having to fill my feeders every other day because they arive by the dozens and won't leave.
18154702-M.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

thankyou 4labs
They even look evil to me with those glowing eyes. The ones today i saw were overun by the Redwings. they were largly outnumbered.

Thankyou Gordon and Janet.
Janet. its still for sale. would eventually repurchase one some day after I get my grubby little hands on a 70-200 VR. I must have it.

Craig, I agree with Rory, getting exposure right on these buggers can be a pain. These look great.

I have a question for all the RWBB folks here. When I was out yesterday I saw what was obviously a RRWB from the "waist up", but there was a lot of white down toward and under the tail. I have looked at "The Book" for a color variant, but I can't find one, any ideas? It was in with a flock of RWBB and had the same markings on the shoulders. Bugger wouldn't hold still long enough for a shot, darn-it....

Latest threads

Top Bottom