Some birdies shots of today

Discussion in 'Birds' started by daodang, May 12, 2005.

1. It's full sun but a bit cold today in Montreal. After cloudy and rainy weeks, it's quite reviving to have such a day.

Some redhats

WHAT'RE YOU SAYING?

Hope you enjoy them. Could anybody help me to ID the last 2 birds? Thanks in advance.

2. Hey Dao Dang, the last shot knocks me out. It's one pretty bird. I've never seen one like it. The second one looks like it's from the sparrow family.
    good going.
    Pete

3. Dao,

Great shots! I'm not an expert, but the second from last one looks like a White-crowned Sparrow. I'm pretty sure the last one is a Rose-breasted Grosbeak. Thanks for sharing.

4. Hi Dao, great shots! That sparrow is a White-crowned Sparrow, and the last is a Rose-breasted Grosbeak, as Dennis correctly said. Beautiful bird!

5. PETE

With its rose breast, this bird really «catch the eyes». I was concentrating on the redhats when I notice something red flights in on my right side.

JANET and DENNIS

Thanks for the IDs. Appreciates your help.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Look what I found on page 2 :>)))

Sometimes so many posts, I have to go hunting to see what I missed.

Folks should wander back a few pages once in awhile.

Very beautiful birds and great shots Dao.

Thank you for sharing.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Right again Gale. I missed this one completely the first time around.

All I can say is, Wow Dao.... 8)

Nice shots. :wink:

8. Dao, you did very well my friend!! :D :D :D

9. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots, Dao! Glad you had sun to catch these great shots! Now for some warmer weather...

10. Dao,
    most impressive work. can not wait to see more.

11. Very nice Dao as always. Love the last shot and the one of the sparrow is pretty special as well.

12. Dao my friend, I like them all, but the last one the most. Good shots, keep shooting and posting.

:D

13. Dao;

Those are wonderful shots. I don't know much about birds, but I know these are beautiful.

What lens(es) did you use?

Brian

14. A great thank to all my friends. With so many posts in the birds forum, I missed these recent replies :oops: . I'm really sorry.

15. Hi Brian, thanks for the kind words. I used a Sigma 100-300mm f/4 for these pictures. it's a sharp lens but not quite as the Nikon 300mm /2.8. However, the price tag is not the same :)